Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef round tip

Options
JDub
JDub Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just put one on-about 10 pounds worth-indirect with smoke at about 200 degrees. I've never cooked one of these before. Any suggestions would be appreciated re: cook time, final temp, etc. Coated with some Butt Rub as the only prep. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    My guess is that this bad boy is so lean that it will not make great pulled beef, so I am not sure about the benefits of cooking at such a low temp.

I'd crank it up to about 325 and pull it when it when done to your liking.
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    I tried that with a 5 pounder and it was worse than shoe leather.

Next time I did one direct, seared it, rested it, then at 350-375 until 130 center. Foiled and rested for an hour under towels, sliced, and the eating machines descended and made it all go away.

I won't do another lean roast indirect.
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    I did a top sirloin which is also a lean cut indirect at 250 and pulled it at 140. It was med rare to rare, moist and fabulous. For what it's worth.

Doug