Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post #2000 tonight

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This forum has been such a ride as to learning new techniques to cooking all kinds of foods in different ways to make them have taste and flavor that is off of the charts.I love the people that shoot from the hip and tell it like it is when you do something wrong on your cook.That I do appreciate since this is how you learn.I purchased my first Egg in 2004 and have been addicted to my new way of cooking.From the Eighteen inch Weber,the twenty two inch Weber,the WSM,and the Weber Genises series grills,and finally yhe Summit series. All I can say is that the BGE puts them all to shame.

There are so many people on the forum that can give any Egg owner so much valuable information and guidance on being a Egg user that is way beyond any expectation that I could have ever imagined when I made my purchase.

Kudos to everyone on the forum and I hope that I was able to give some helpful information from my forty five years of playing around with grilling and smoking .

After this post I will be a LURKER till all of you chefs come back from Georgia.

Hope the weather cooperates because it is cold,wet and nasty in the Maryland and Delaware area projected for the weekend.

Comments

• highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Options
    Kudos to everyone on the forum and I hope that I was able to give some helpful information from my forty five years of playing around with grilling and smoking

Well, this may not be the kind of help you are referring to but a few weeks ago I was looking to find Dei Fratelli pizza sauce. I had even called the distributor and they told me they didn't distribute in this area. You posted a reply saying you buy your all the time at Harris Teeter. Well, unknown to me i had one about 15 mins from where i live. Checked it out, sure enough they sold it. And when i was there i was very impressed with the store. So much so i made my wife go the next time. We are now driving 15 mins further to go to this store because we like it better than are local Safeway or Giant. Very impressed. So yes, you have given me some very helpful information. Taking the time to answer such a simple question is what really makes this forum great and your info has really payed off for us. So thanks to you as well.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Congrats-I am approaching 1000 and my wife thinks i am fanatical.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Camano
    Camano Posts: 134
    Options
    This forum and its members are awesome. My cooking has improved so much due to the help I have received here. Thanks to all.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Thanks for all your wonderful ideas, especially fried green tomatoes. Have to admit have not cooked any in the house since my friends mother passed 3/06.
    However we have a little breakfast place on the beach where we eat every week or so and we always have their Gullah Eggs Benedict. Southern food instead of the english muffin, the base is yup fried green tomatoes with a poached egg, hollandaise sauce and several shrimp in a slightly cajun spicy sauce. Great use for tomatoes.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Congrats on #2000. We appreciate and enjoy your posts and contributions. Looking forward to #3000.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Congrats on number 2000, Bill.

Learning and helping are the best parts of this forum !
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    CONGRATS!Keep em commin.Your post are very informative and helpful and I for one appreciate them! :)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I know anytime I use Beer instead of water in a pizza dough recipe, I'll think of your idea! Thanks!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Thanks Bill for this post, and all the valuable information that you supplied

Ross
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey Bill!

Congrats on #2000, I'm not to far behind ya!

I will admit like you this is a great place to communicate with some great people and this week I get to put some faces with the names - that's just plain cool.