Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Northeastern WA, sources for lump?

Kat
Kat Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone else in the northeastern WA, northern Idaho area find a source for good lump charcoal?

Thanks,
Kat

Comments

• Drive up here we have Maple Leaf which is great stuff. :evil: :lol::whistle: :evil:

Actually Calgary will also have it. But Edmonton is nicer :evil: and only a few more hours up the highway.

Wow that was an evil post

Doug
  • Kat
    LOL, wish I could but I need something closer to home!
  • I'm just north of Seattle and the only places I can find reasonably priced lump is Royal Oak at either Ace Hardware (some carry it, most stare at you with a blank expression and have no idea), and some Wal-Marts (see comment about Ace).

Sorry I can't be more help.
  • Hey, Kat.

Use the dealer locater on the main Big Green Egg web site -- then give the closest ones a call, they'll get you to the right spot if they don't carry lump themselves.
    scott
  • Kat
    Thanks, the only place to buy BGE lump is where I bought the egg hours away in Spokane and he charged $23 a bag.

I know what you mean about people looking at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears when you ask for lump charcoal, LOL
  • Kat
    Just an update to those of you who posted having your own problems finding lump in western WA, I finally found some Royal Oak through do-it-best hardware's online site. You can have some shipped to your local do-it-best hardware for free. I contacted our nearest, which is still an hour over the mountains from us, but better than Spokane, and they will have some in for us within the week. They also said that the major warehouse in Oregon has about 200 bags in stock right now.

This is the same Royal Oak lump that Naked Whiz's site shows as Highly Recommended.
  • Camano
    Camano Posts: 134
    Make sure it is in the red bag, made in the US. I got my last batch from the Walmart in Federal Way in August.