Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures (Web, Phone, Etc)

Options
UKBradC
UKBradC Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to start posting pictures of successful EGGsperiences, but it never seems to work when I try. Any advice?

P.S. I have an iPhone that I take most of the pictures with, so if there are any good apps out there that anyone knows about, please let me know!

thanks!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    First you need to upload the pictures to a place accessible on the internet. Most folks here use Photobucket.

Once they are uploaded photobucket provides the appropriate tags to display them. The tags used here start with &#91img&#93 and end in [/img]
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    What's the resolution? Most likely, at best, you will be posting pix of marginal quality. Even the least expensive digital cams will enhance your shots big time! 8 - )
  • You can upload you picks from you phone right to photobucket. You need to be in the web based site not the mobil site. Click on the upload from mobile button. It will give you a link to send picks to your photobucket account. I send each pick to photobucket as I take them. I can not post to the forum from my phone(you can from the iphone) but I do use it to take pics. Hope this helps.
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    Rascal,

The iPhone 3G has a 2.0 Megapixel camera and the 3GS has a 3.0 Megapixel camera. I think the shots are more than adequate for forum posting.

Photographer's hand steadiness is another issue, though. When I hurry too much, without making a conscious effort to hold the phone still for a second or two, I get some blurry results.

A few samples:

6f116dd0.jpg

BABYBACKS_WET_X2.jpg

b7c01089.jpg

Absolutely, a decent digital camera will produce much better results, but I've always got my iPhone in my pocket and rarely have a camera sitting around waiting for pork induced photo ops.

Just my two cents.

Joe
  • UKBradC
    UKBradC Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone, I've only had my Egg for about a month and still getting the hang of everything.

Joe,

Your pictures make my mouth water, esp that top one. How did you cook it?
  • CaptainSpaulding
    Options
    Brad,

That's Prime rib a la Max Max. Incredibly easy cook. See link below:

Mad Max Prime Rib Post - Lots of Pics

Cliff's Notes Version:

Find a Standing Rib Roast (Preferably with Bones)

Get some butcher's twine (to tie the bones back on after putting Fresh Rosemary Sprigs between the ribs and the roast.

Let the meat warm up for a few hours or so.

Light egg and stabilize at 500 F for an indirect cook. I used platesetter, legs up, with standard cooking grid on legs.

Rub as desired. I usually use Kosher Salt, Fresh Ground Black Pepper and any of a number of favorite BBQ Rubs (Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust, Raising the Steaks, Cowlick, any thing you like will do)

Put Roast on the egg at 500 F, wait three minutes and close down the vents until dome temp comes down to 325 F and adjust the vents to hold that temp.

Cook until internal temp of meat is 125 F. Pull the roast from the cooker, tent with aluminum foil and let rest for 20-30 minutes.

I like to make an Au jus sauce on the stovetop sometime during the cook. Beef stock, garlic, onion powder, splash of worcestershire, splash of soy sauce and a couple bruised sprigs of rosemary.

Tasty stuff, that turns out better than anything I've ever paid for in a restaurant.

It's definitely a must cook.

Joe
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Several of us figured out the iPhone/pic/post yesterday. You can see my post from yesterday and about .75 of the way through, I've got the rough directions. I just downloaded the photobucket app, a couple of kinks (user error!) but it works great. I agree, the resolution may not be aa good as a camera - but I also do not have a camera sitting around all the time-I always have my phone.