Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ chicken quesadillas

Options
singram
singram Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had bbq chicken quessadillas tonight that were superb (if I do say so myself :)[p]I did a slight variation on a recipe from Bobby Flay.[p]I started by smoking 5 plum tomatoes and an onion for about an hour at 225*, cut in half, rubbed with olive oil, salt and pepper, indirect.[p]I then grilled 2 skinless chicken thighs that had marinated in bbq sauce at about 375* direct till they reached 165*. At the same time I roasted a bell pepper till the skin was nearly all black.[p]Brought all that inside, cut up the tomatoes, onion and bell pepper. Added a jalapeno pepper, 4 cloves of thinly sliced garlic and about 3 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar to make the salsa.[p]Cut up the chicken, put it on tortillas with cheddar and monterey jack cheese, and some thinly sliced onion. Added another tortilla and another layer of the same. Added the third tortilla, brushed on a little bit of vegetable oil and sprinkled on some Ancho chile powder. Put all that on the pizza stone at about 475* till the cheese had melted and the edges were just getting golden.[p]Brought it back in, cut it in quarters, served it with the salsa and a little buttermilk/sourcream sauce that consisted of 1/4 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup buttermilk, juice of half a lime, 4 cloves of garlic chopped fine, half a small onion chopped fine, a tsp. of paprika.[p]They were delicious.

Comments