Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prime rib pics

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LinkPhoto?GUID=5fbf29af-7193-7c9d-7a68-531065bb5982&size=lg
<p />ok, now that i'm dangerous (many many thx to chef will, but hey don't be mad at him for teaching me). . .here are some pics from the prime rib i described in an earlier post. .. thanks also to wil for the idea of peeling back the fat cap and putting the rosemary under it. ..[p]it was delicious. .. [p]and you all thought i was just talk!! LOL

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    LinkPhoto?GUID=785a5857-5e36-14d5-4764-2df14904445e&size=lg
    <p />hopefully, here are a few more pics. . . hey, i'm still learnin . .

• char buddy
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]dude that looks fantastic.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    LinkPhoto?GUID=2e88dbc0-3a40-29b2-5b71-7df111e771de&size=lg
    <p />char buddy ,
    it was. . .see the post below for what i did to it. . .here is one more pics (next step for the computer deficient one it to get multiple pics on one posting). .. [p]hey, i hear you may be down on new year's day for a little eggin. .. looking forward to seeing you. . .i told brett, that even if i have to go out, we will bring the eggs over to his carport. .. .[p]i hope you and yours have a real nice, safe, happy holiday season. ..[p]max

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    why don't you plan on bringing one of those over in January? The family is very proud of all your new skills!!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    your wyoming connection,
    you got it. .. what are you doing at work today?. .. bob cratchet/ebonezer scrooge???. . .btw. i'm sending this from home, not work computer. ..

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I've got a 10.45 pound prime rib in the fridge, waiting to be cooked tomorrow night. Got a couple of questions for you: how big was the one you did? Fit easily in the small? I always worry about searing so close to the fire in the small because I don't want to char the outside. And since this piece of meat yielded 4 big steaks and a roast for the mere price of $99, I don't wanna screw it up![p]I've never done the rosemary under the fat cap but the rest of the treatment is all I do...don't want to do too much...just taste the meat.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Shelby,
    forget what mine weighed axactly, but it was 4 bone-in (and from the wide end of a 7 bone roast. . .i probably could have fit a 5-boner into the small for the sear. . .test fit yours, if its too wide for the small, just use your large (if you have one). . .i just did the sear in the small for convenience sake. . .if you have a large, set it up indirect , grid over plate setter, let the temps go to 500 degrees, put the prime rib on, then shut the vents down immediately in order to take it back down to 325. . .the time taken to get from 500 to 325 (should take no more the 15 to 20 minutes, will give you a sufficient sear. . .then let er roast till done. ..the rosemary under the fat cap was a nice touch and looked great. . . the results are fantastic. ..