Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

texas eggfests anywhere?

Options
midnight1415
midnight1415 Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Want to be a egghead. Any fests or demos going on around san antonio.. also lookin for a good deal on a large. B)

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Texas Eggfest in Austin sometime in April.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    I am a new Egghead also (15 months and counting) and wondering about the schedule. Is the Austin one every year and is it the only one in Texas?

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Contact hornhonk@sbcglobal.net for info on Plano Nov 7th
    This is not OFFICIAL EGGFEST but if you cook on eggs - what the hell :woohoo:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    If you are thinking about getting into Egg'n, you would do well to attend the Texas Eggfest. You will not only get to meet a lot of your fellow Eggheads, but you will be able to see first hand how to cook many tasty dishes. And it's a really fun day.

Check out the videos I made of the 2009 Texas Eggfest.

Just click on the links...

http://texasspringchicken.blogspot.com/2009/05/texas-eggfest-2009.html

Hope to see you in April.

Spring "Atlanta Bound Fester" Chicken
    Spring Texas Usa
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Re:When is the officially sanctioned Plano Fest?
    Date: 2009/09/18 08:59 By: Spring Chicken

Platinum Egger

I don't think it's "officially sanctioned" but I suppose it could be called a "fest."

Here's what was posted about it.

Posted by: hornhonk on 2009/09/01 15:32:28

The "gathering" will still be held Nov. 7. This is NOT a Fest, but a meeting of Eggheads. The hotel I recommend is the Southfork Hotel. Southforkhotel.com. The address of the event is 1236 J. Ave. Plano, Tx. 75074. I have posted pics of the place and will again, shortly. Tom from the Ceramic Grill Store has been coaching me on this gathering, as has my BGE dealer,Alec, aka a4cart. Please give me your ideas and tips! So far we have some heavy-hitters signed on to be here.Spring Chicken, Spring Hen, SWOklaJerry, Photo Egg, Tjv, DOW,and Lake Conroe Egger. And maybe I can shanghai Mickey. It would really help me if I knew who else, and how many, may attend. I have 2 or 3 contingencies depending on the amount of people and the weather. We have 6-8 eggs commited so far. We need more!I know there are a lot of you that just lurk here on the forum. If you plan on attending please email me at hornhonk@sbcglobal.net and I'll put you on the list. This event is going to be held at the American Legion. It is a beautiful facility. Pics coming. They also have a professional kitchen for us to prep food, if needed.We can have a meet and greet Fri. in the bar, fully stocked ! if that's agreeable. The facilities were donated , but we must buy our drinks while on their property. Believe me, they are dirt cheap! Plus, it helps the Vets. I know I haven't covered everything, so please help me by asking questions! Sorry for being so long winded.
    Hornhonk...Steve

Hope to see you there.

Spring "Unofficially Uncertified" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

Glad you asked, Mickey. I'm meeting with Tom from the Ceramic Grill Store, and my dealer, Alec, later this week to firm up some things. It's definately going to happen Nov. 7. I'll be making another announcement on the forum soon. Prob. this week. It will be fun!

Steve

Tentative Dallas area fest date
    Date: 2009/07/03 18:19 By: hornhonk

Expert Egger

The tentative date for the N.Dallas, Plano actually, fest is Nov. 7th. We are having a good response so far. More details will be coming at the beginning of next week!

Plano Outlaw gathering update
    Date: 2009/09/01 15:32 By: hornhonk

Expert Egger

Re:.....And Door Prizes
    Date: 2009/09/01 16:03 By: Photo Egg

Gold Egger

Steve,
    Thanks again for your time involved. You know, 6-8 eggs might be all we need to munch on great food all day.
    Lora and I will be there along with our Small and Mini BGE.
    I have picked up a couple door prize gifts and I hope we can get others to donate. I thought we could offer a door prize raffle for the people that cook. I will try and get a list with photos to your email.
    Thanks again and let me know what I can do to help,
    darian
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• midnight1415
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back. Look foward to sharin more later. Now gonna shop around for a large. B)
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Thank you, Mickey. I'm waiting until the Eggtoberfest is over until I post anything about Plano. BTW, we are up to 10 Eggs now.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Everyone knows that the BEST texas eggfest is the Oklahoma Eggfest. Especially after Saturday!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRR

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!