Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First time at eggtoberfest...some questions!

mdlindsamdlindsa Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'll be attending Eggtoberfest for the first time this year. I am very new to this, and will be leaving with my very own egg! I signed up to cook, but am inexperienced with the EGG, since I don't have one yet. I wanted to give it a shot though. I was looking for some advice on what I should cook, as a first-timer. I also had some questions about the event in general.

Are paper plates and utensils provided, or should all cooks have their own to hand out?

Are their tables provided for preparation?

Also, as far as cooking tools go, is anything provided there? And are we allowed to bring tools in? (I know no Propane or MAPP torches are allowed on the shuttles)

Lastly, is there a way to find out what size EGG you will be cooking on? My uncle is coming with me and plans on doing a boston butt, but is wondering how much room he will have to throw other things on there.

Thanks for any help!

Comments