Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

competitive cooking

Options
Hoosieregger
Hoosieregger Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there anyone that is going to Tucker this weekend that has participated in KCBS cookoffs?

Comments

• There will be quite a few, just ask around Saturday. Anthing particular you want to know now?
  • Hoosieregger
    Options
    I am currently cooking in the backyard division and thinking about moving up to the pros. I have been unable to attend a professional cooking class. Would like to know the ins and out of the professional division.
  • Hoosieregger
    Options
    I am currently cooking in the backyard division and thinking about moving up to the pros. I have been unable to attend a professional cooking class. Would like to know the ins and out of the professional division.
  • It is pretty much the same. Most backyard comps. do not ask you to cook all four categories. You are not required to cook all four, just if you do not, you are not elligable for the grand. You will still get your judging and awards in what you chhose to enter though.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    If you come to the Thursday night class you will be able to talk to:

Charlie and myself from Team Bobby-Q (Tom, Rusty Rooster won't be there Thursday but will be there on Friday and Saturday)
    Chris from Dizzy Pig (celebrity chef for the class)
    Kenny from The BBQ Guru and Dizzy Pig (celebrity chef for the class)
    Sam and Diane from Jus Fer Fun
    Kevin and Tammy from The EGGsequetive Council
    Lawrence from Daddy Pat's BBQ

There might be others there Thursday night and there probably will be more on Saturday.

There's a whole bunch of Grand Champions (and a LARGE number of Reserves) between this group. If you have a question I'm sure you can get several answers.
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Options
    Buy me a beer and I'll help you start the don'ts list. As Bobby stated you will find several folks there that have been at it a while and some that might even tell you the truth about how to get rich and famous. I hope to be there thursday,friday,saturday, and saturday night.

Poppasam
  • Hoosieregger
    Options
    Thanks for the scoop. Unfortunately I am unable to arrive in Tucker until Friday afternoon. However, I will be on the prowl Friday night and Saturday. I will be wearing a Blue SNOB (Supporter of Native Oregon Beer) T shirt on Saturday so keep your eye out for me.