Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops!

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGE_W042400_183808.jpg
<p />The pork chops were great, they always are. But, if you've seen one picture of chops, you have seen most. [p]It is absolutely beautiful in Peoria tonight - moved the patio furniture and the fern back out to the deck - the result is this year's version (unless I come up with a better one) of my BGE at work! [p]Best wishes for a great evening to all![p]

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Gfw,
    I have a pork chop confession:
    My favorite pork chops come from a market in Onekama, MI, where color photos of the award-winning 4-H livestock, proudly wearing their blue ribbons in happier days, appear on the wall behind the meat counter. Worse yet, I am a big fan of Shake 'n Bake. Sometimes I rub a bit of (house brand) jerk on my pork chops, coat them with Shake 'n Bake and cook them, indirect, on the BGE. Oink. JCA

• Gfw
    J Appledog, we all have our DEEP DARK secrets... what's yours? Have a great evening!

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Gfw,
    What do you do with your porky chops before you toss them on the egg? Are these bone in? Butterfly? I do a LOT of pork chops. Could use some inspiration.

• Gfw
    MollyShark, these were simple thin (5/8 inch)chops with very litte inspiration...[p]They were boneless, marinated in mustard and coveded with rub for about 4 hours - dome temp at 650 for 2min/3min/2min - flipped between times - served with salsa and new potatoes. [p]Nothing special but always so good![p]The Salsa...[p]3 fresh ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
    1 medium white onion, micced
    2 tbls chopped jalapeno chiles
    1/4+ cup fresh cilantro
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt [p]
    Salsa and pork are a natural![p]Gfw[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    MollyShark,
    I have a thing for pork chops too! I don't care how they are done, just so they are not over cooked. I did butterflyed chops tonight in fact! I bought a boneless pork loin and brought it home to divy up into meal sized portions. I cut the chops 2" thick, then butterflyed them! I then sprinkled a little of Adolph's unseasoned, No MSG, No Sodium tenderizer ( Blue cap, Blue label)on each side after moistening each chop.(This is the straight stuff that is basically papsin from the Papaya tree. Nothing else!) I covered them with plastic wrap and stuck them in the fridge about 2pm until 7pm when I put them on the Egg! I fired up the Egg to 600 degrees, flopped them baby's on the hot grill for 3 minutes on each side. Then just before I closed everything down, I sprinkled some Montreal Steak Seasoning on the up-side of each. I closed everything and let them sit in the 'sauna' called BGE for 6 minutes! They were done to purfection! I mean purfection![p]Try this method, you won't be disappointed![p]Dr. Chicken