Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ex-lurker

Options
lightningjojo
lightningjojo Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, after lurking on the various sites for the past several years I finally purchased a large BGE with several accessories from Dave Shady's MinieEggtoberfest in Clinton, IA, this morning. Hopefully in the next several days I'll be starting the next step in my BGE adventure. Thank all of you who have patiently answered my questions and thank you Dave for helping me with my purchase.
I am sure I'll have more questions as I learn but reading the site for some time now, I feel quite confident I've learned enough to at least get me started. Again, thank all.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Glad to have ya aboard!

Charge up yer camera and git to cooking & posting the pics! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    lightningjojo,

Way to go! Welcome and you will wonder why you didn't pull the trigger earlier. Don't be shy about questions.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    Another one bites the dust. Welcome to the cult, er eh I mean club. :P
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Congratulations on your new egg. Let us know how it's going and welcome.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Yes welcome to the cult L JoJo

Ross
  • lightningjojo
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind wish's. Hi Ross, I used to live out your way. I lived in Simi Valley for several years. Enjoyed the area but retired from LAPD and moved back to the midwest. Slightly calmer here!
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Thats why I moved from Studio City to Ventura, I could not go much further because of all the children and grandchildren still life is good I hope the same is with you. Keep posting

Ross
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Lightningjojo,

I lurked around for a year before getting my large and now I wished I had purchased one sooner.

Like the others said fire up your egg and do some grilling, baking and smoking and post some pic's of some cooks when you get settled in.

I use the search in here to find answers or I post my question and I always got a friendly answer.

Welcome and enjoy the food from your cooks and the fellowship you get from this forum! :) Tim
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Options
    Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your cooks.
  • lightningjojo
    Options
    Again, thanks all to your kind wishs and congratulations. Part of the reason I went with the BGE was the enthusiasim found on this forum and the eagerness to help others.
    I will post as I grow and question as I need. Also just bought a new SLR digital so I'll post pics as I learn how to use this **** complicated mini computor they call a camera! Must love pain, I'm trying to learn 2 new things at once!
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Welcome lightningjojo,

Since you have been lurking for a while, you already know that you are joining a bunch of great people who are more than happy to answer any questions that may come along. We do like pictures so don't be shy about posting results from your cooks. This is one purchase you will not regret.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital