Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

baby back ribs

Options
Charlie
Charlie Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I follow the 3-1-1 method. Sometimes the meat is fall off the bone tender and sometimes it's not. Do I need to add more time to the 3 hour indirect at 250 dome or do I need to add more time to 1 hour foil wrapped indirect at 250 if the meat isn't pulling away from the bone?[p]Thanks for your help,
Charlie

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Charlie,
    No 2 racks of ribs are the same, you can not set a timer and expect everything to work the same each time...The hour in foil is what is giving you the fall of the bone, it is more or less like steaming, then the last hour kinda firms them back up, I suppose if they are not as tender as you like when you undo the foil, leave em in the foil a little longer...[p]Wess

• PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    Charlie,
    I actually use a 3:2 method. 3 hours indirect and 2 hours in foil. I use my favorite BBQ sauce (Montgomery Inn - Cincy, OH) on the ribs before wrapping. Most people would probably like more texture, but the meat just falls off the bone and I have never had a disappointed customer.

• GrillMeister
    Options
    PCO3,[p]Montgomery Inn Rib sauce. I used to have that recipe. Now I have to start looking. It's a great sauce.[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas