Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

note to Mac in NC

char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don't give up on stew beef on the BGE.[p]Get a cast iron dutch kettle and a copy of Sublime Smoke by Chreyl Jamison and Bill Jamison and try their BBQ Beef Bourguignon page 162.[p]I have a ton of beef in the freezer and I too was trying to do something with stew beef. I tried beef stew their way and I'm never doing a beef stew indoors again. [p]If you'd rather not spend the dough on the book, just give me a holler here on the forum and I'll reprint the dang thing for ya. [p]BTW their recipe calls for cooking the stew indoors for two hours then moving it outdoors for another hour or two. Horse feathers. I did the whole thjng on the BGE at 300 for three hours. [p]Check out the back cover of their book. They've got a small BGE hanging out with his weber pals.

Comments