Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fitting a large in my 96 4dr accord

Options
lowlightbw
lowlightbw Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
heading up to atl eggfest next weekend to cook on my first egg and bring a large back to savannah! Will I have a lot of trouble fitting the large in my backseat? I expect to have to bring towels etc to keep everything clean after a day of cooking. any tips i should be aware of? See everyone there!! :)

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    It'll fit,just buckle it in and drive safe ;) I'll see ya next week :)
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Congratulations on the purchase.
    I would bring some tools and plenty of garbage bags, so that you can wrap th items when they cool off.

I would take the egg completely apart.
    Remove the top, by removing the lid attachement at the bottom, or top.

Take out the internals and wrap them individually in garbage bags AFTER they are cool to the touch.

You might have to wait for some time for this, if you are buying a demo egg.

Good luck.
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    I have taken my large for a ride in my 4 door accord twice. Both times it was disassembled. First time when I purchased it and second on my move. Both times I took the dome off from the base. Keep those little white tabby things that go on the hinge bolts to hold hinge locked in place.
    Also wrap parts as prevously mentioned and make things snug so they dont move around.

Wayne
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Take out the passenger seat. disasemble and flip the base upside down. you can rent furniture pads from uhaul for next to nothing for padding. Get some 55 gal trash bags from HD. Drive safe!
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    If it's a long trip home I would say leave the lump alone and cook some hotdogs for the road ;)

Congrats on the purchase, I love my demo egg! :woohoo:
  • lowlightbw
    Options
    thanks everyone! illmake sure to bring tools, trash bags, and old blankets! see everyone there. offtopic question, but how much food should I cook for the day on sat when cooking on the egg?? :)
  • Jackson5
    Options
    Well...Did you get it in??? Cook on it since home??? You guys (according to Tyler)dad the best tasting food down there...I want the recepie so we can cook it at our store...Was it Sweet Spicy Hawaii Burgers??? Thanks Frank in Spartanburg, SC