Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody into

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in Off Topic
geo cashing?
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Beats me...what is it? :S
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Geocaching is where somebody hides prize (cache) around a city or geographical area and you go seek it. They leave clues to its whereabouts or the good ones tell you the GPS co-ordinance
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Oh, yea, I've heard about that, but I didn't know what it was called. Sounds like fun.
  • cookn biker
    geocashing.com :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    What a coincident Molly...........I was just thinking how much fun it would be to get into geocashing or orienteering. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll find the time until I retire.
  • cookn biker
    It takes lots of time and $$. Looks like I need to stay out of that hobby. I'll stick with the cooking!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    I have done for about a year. It is fun to do the kids. We have been to parks that we would have never been to if we didn't cache. My son loves to go on treasure hunts. We have even placed one in a park by our house. I have an entry level garmin gps. On sale at bass pro for $99. We have been to busy to do any lately, but we are camping with cubscouts next weekend and plan to do some there. Give it a look it is an enjoyable hobby.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8a638458-d189-4325-bdea-839fa8833302
  • MnMikey
    MnMikey Posts: 28
    I agree......One year into it with grandkids and the effort is worth it. Cheap entertainment. Some State parks have GPS to loan for free. They have a course entered in them and make it somewhat easy for a novice. It took us 1 1/2 hours to find a 3 clue find. Tough to look for something when you don't know what it is your looking for......Kind of like getting old I would guess.....;)