Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Split chicken breasts

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a "bulletproof" time/temp recipe for split breast chicken. I have tried lower temps and higher temps with mixed results. This is a favorite middle of the week cook on the egg. The chicken seems to have much better flavor than boneless breasts. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Jimmy,
    I agree with you on the improved taste of the bone-in meat- pretty much the rule for all flesh in my view.[p]I cooked some split breasts this weekend as follows:[p]Coat the breasts in olive oil, sea salt and pepper - cooked direct at about 450 on each side just to put some grill marks (about 3 min side). I then took them off the grill and put them in a roasting pan with chopped up carrots, onions and a couple cloves of garlic (whole) tossed in some more oil. I put a pizza stone down (probably unnecessary) and put the pan on it, bringing down the temp to about 325. Cooked for 50 min-hr and they were delicious. If I had some rosemary on hand I would have added that to the mix. Have fun.[p]JP