Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless Thermometer on Woot.com

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had to perform a plumbing check so I looked to see what Woot had for today.

WootWirelessThermometer.jpg

Cheap enough if you need one.

ht[url]tp://woot.com/[/url]

You're welcome.

Spring "Sprung Mainspring" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    mr chicken - - thanks for the heads up on the thermometer - but - which of the wireless thermometer is most used or recommended by cooks on the forum

thanks - mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • PKT
    PKT Posts: 12
    Options
    I saw that....not a bad price for a spare :woohoo:

Mr Toad any of them will work fine just depends on how
    much you want to spend on your toys.
    I've toasted good and bad ones :laugh:
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    The two that are the most popular would be the Maverick ET73 or this one rated number by Coo0ks Illustrated.
    http://www.thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/oven_temp_timer.html
    Hope this works for you.
  • shubydoobydo
    Options
    Right now all I am using is my naked eye and the thermometer on the egg... should I take the $20 and spend it on this wireless thermometer?
  • skissel778
    Options
    Got one. I'll post a review later.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    For that price it is a great deal.Now you will know what the temperature of whatever it is that you are cooking.Right now you cant.Also when it is raining outside you can stay dry a cozy in your house and keep tabs on what goes on inside of the egg.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, Leroy! I just ordered two - always nice to have spare toys! Besides that I recently bought 3 replacement probes for other ones and those were $12 a piece all by themselves! WOOT comes through again! woot Woot WOOT
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    Options
    it would be remiss to not point out that the receiver only beeps when the sender hits the set temp. My other more expensive brands show the present temperature on both units so you can watch it rise, but just the same you can't beat the price! I have a couple other brands with this limitation also (both since fried) so I just set the temp beeper a couple degrees below what I really want so when it alerts me I can wander out and finesse it to a close!
  • RRP
    Options
    not really Bill - look at the unit again - the inside receiver has no temp read out.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Does it go above 180 for a set point the silly weber I have stops at 180....
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    It's always fun to have all the bells and whistles but it's seldom needed. Your right, for the price a beep is good enough.
    I picked up several of the Weber's on close out a couple years ago for 9.99. They are just backwards. No display on the at the grill, only on the wireless remote. I kept walking by the grill to check temp with the remote with all numbers still in the house. Might have been the Rum kicking in.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • StoicDude
    Options
    I picked up one of these at WalMart for $20. It is a decent thermometer for the money. I haven't used the remote, because I just look at the temp on the display.
    It will go above 180 and you can set the temperature in 1 degree increments.