Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is there ever a good time for your freezer...

AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
to take a crap on you? I was trying to make room for 12 lbs of moz when I see a stream of water sort of peeing down from the top grid. Great, gotta get ready for the fest and now have to go shop for a new one. Fortunately we were able to cram the important stuff into the freezer compartments of the two fridges. -RP

Comments

• I am just glad you caught it before you lost everything. :ohmy:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    OOHHH that sucks :evil: we had given our son ours last year. they had just filled it and felt good about things for if there was some slow time coming up.... they came up for the weekend last month and when they got home there was a little stream running out from under the garage door. it must have quit before they left to come up and did not know it. they could not save anything. glad you could save some stuff.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dang Randy,sometimes that's just the way it goes :( I feel your pain,it seems like everything I own is breaking right now(while trying to prepare for the fest) :pinch: First it was my Jeep,then the wifes car,then my laptop,water heater,and shower faucet.I just know that it will get better soon :whistle:;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    What a drag Randy! No there is never a good time. I look at mine filled to the gills. I should probably eat some lefovers :laugh: Maybe throw a party and serv the leftovers :) Come on over all!!
    Have fun at the4 fest!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • AZRP
    You're right there, it could have happened next Thursday and we would really been up the creek. -RP
  • AZRP
    Ouch, I feel much better now. :laugh:-RP
  • AZRP
    Thanks Molly, good time to weed out the stuff we will never eat, like 5 yo half bags of tater tots. -RP
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Didn't know you were related to a Murphy.

Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will.

Glad you were able save the goodies!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Quantization Revision of Murphy's Laws:
    Everything goes wrong all at once.

Dang Sparky, hope that is the end of it!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • WE just replaced ours, went thru 3 to get the one that was right I hope you do not have to go thru that.

Ross
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks Loco,me too.The Jeep and my laptop are still broke(as am I)but,the wifes car,water heater and shower valve have all been replaced.Now I gotta repair the sheetrock damage and hope that nothing else breaks for a few years :whistle: :P ;)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Randy, what on earth are you going to do with 12lbs of mozzarella?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Randy,

When we had the fire I had a generator running for a week to try and save the stuff. At the end of the day everything was unplugged. I'm now explaining to the insurance about hanger steaks, ducks, king crab and prime beef. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    See Randy, in 2 months. I won't need a freezer. :(

Mike
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    You could bring all that stuff to Atlanta for one great after-party! Kim and I can have a blast making "surprises"! Don't bring the tater tots though -send them to Lawn Ranger
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Randy - that's a bummer for sure. Can you/we turn this into some positive buyer's learning thing by talking about freezers? BTW Pat and I are just now on to our 3rd upright freezer in we think 38 years. All 3 have been located in our unheated/uncooled garages here in Illinois. None have been the "garage" variety. Only 1 has puked and that was many years ago and we too caught it before we lost anything.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • AZRP
    About 14 years. -RP
  • AZRP
  • AZRP
    Good luck with that one. -RP
  • AZRP
    Ron we are alright on catching it on time, I'm guessing it died yesterday sometime. Its just under $500 to replace it and probably $400 to have it repaired. I'm just glad it didn't wait til we were in Atlanta, I would have lost those awesome dry aged ribeyes. -RP
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    I know the feeling....when my inlaws come our fridge is pushed to its utmost limits......they've just left......& guess what......it's leaking.... :evil: ...well...after the prime rib......shrimps al mojo de ajo......3"ribeyes......blackened bass....etc......I don't mind...... :laugh: ...or do I??? :ohmy: $$$$$$$ :angry:
  • For the life of me I can't get the significant other to understand the need for a freezer!! We have two refrigerators and that freezer space just isn't enough. For instance, I was in Publix last night and they had pork shoulders for .99 a pound. Sometimes I can find them for less but that is really a good price. I didn't even have room for ONE. She can understand having both cooler as she drinks more Coke than any person and most football teams and likes it cold. I'm going just a little crazy. She seems to think that we will spend more money on the electricty on the thing because it's in the hot garage than I can save on bargains. I don't even know how to argue with that. :pinch: