Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare ribs and sauce comparison

Luvs to shoot clay
Luvs to shoot clay Posts: 774
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked some spare ribs, 4.5 hours at 250 indirect with a place setter. Dry rubbed with Bad Byron's butt rub. The ribs turned out great, got me thinking that the extra money I have been spending on baby backs have been wasted, there's a lot more meat on these ribs. The meat was just right, just a little pull on the bone and the bones were clean and white. I had 4 different sauces, Blues Hog, Blues Hog Honey Mustard, Carnivore Robust, and Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet. They were all good but I liked them in this order. Blues Hog, Sticky Fingers, Blues Hog Honey Mustard then the Carnivore Robust. Truth is I will just use the Honey mustard in the future to hole the rub on the ribs pre-cook. The Carnivore was a little too spicy for my taste. The last picture tells the story.

IMGP0528.jpg

IMGP0529.jpg

IMGP0530.jpg

IMGP0532.jpg

Comments