Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

NEW STEAK/MEAT FLIPPING TOOL

jj Posts: 33
edited 10:20AM in EggHead Forum
Here are a couple meat or steak turning tools i made in the shop yesterday.One is left handed for me,the other right handed in case the wife needs to flip.(the best case senerio is that this will never happen!!) ;)
steaktool1.jpg
steaktool2.jpg
Still will be lookin for other projects for the egg.If i get my small i be starting another stainless table/cart for it!

They're on our right,they're on our left,they're in front of us and behind us;they can't get away from us this time. Col. Lewis B.(Chesty)Puller,USMC>Chosin Reservoir,Korea
·

Comments

• Kirby,
    You can't use those on your egg.They are too pretty! :)
    Nice job!
    Jon
    ·
  • Interesting I thought you were not supposed to pierce the meat. looks like a Pic my dentist uses
    ·
  • Yes Mr. Steak. Ve hast vays to make you talk, ja?

Those look sweet. Nice job!

-John
    ·
  • jj Posts: 33
    one little hole on a one time flip aint gonna hurt! ;)
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Kirby,
    To be safe, you may wanna just sent that righty to me :)

Can't wait to see your next project.

What part of the world ya in?
    ·
  • DrugCoderDrugCoder Posts: 218
    Those are beautiful! Would you be interested in making another pair that I could purchase from you? I'd be interestd in one right handed and one left handed but both the longer version. Just let me know!

Thanks!
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Very nice...my wife loves her pig flipper for cooking bacon.

Larry
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Nice looking tools. I'm sure you know by now but you can make some change making those things. Have a good day.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,970
    your custom made ones are nice yet here's the original pig tail flippers that have been on the market for years.
    http://www.pigtailff.com/
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    just outside of Gettysburg,Pa
    ·
    yes i've seen them,But they cost money! :)
    ·
    yes,but i need to restock on some material before i say i can,Thanks for asking
    ·
  • Yes Mr. Steak. Ve hast vays to make you talk, ja?

Those look sweet. Nice job!

-John
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Pretty good Mr. Kirbyw. Now how about that pair of shoes I was asking for? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Tim
    ·
  • highpresshighpress Posts: 694
    Nice job. All pro.
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    Those are beautiful! I would love to purchase a left handed and a right handed one in the longer one. I saw quite a few BBQ teams at the Royal using this type of tool for flipping. Please let me know.
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,894
    those are pretty but most of us don't have a shop at our finger-tips.

So a set of pig tails will have to do.
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    They are nice, but tongs are much better. Poking holes in the meat just gives another place for the juices to run out.
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,894
    http://www.pigtailff.com/

Not as fancy but they work pretty good. Probably not a good as those fancy things but . . .
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    WOW two posts on the same post :) nice to see you around "old man" I have not razzed you in months!!!!!
    ·
    thats bull!! you only poke one little hole for one flip!?how much juice can run out?my steaks are always perfect>>>>Maybe we should have a steak off and see????
    ·
    sorry that you dont,even if they had a shop could they make them??
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,788
    i dont care what they say, those are nice tools. enjoy using them :)
    ·
    My shop did'nt come by my fingertips!It was built with skill and knowledge from years of metal frabrication.nothing else.im not trying to prove anything or show anyone up.i probally wont post anything else.
    ·
    maybe you should try makeing one instead of running to the store first?
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,788
    dont let him get you down, most of us like the homemade gadgets ;) post them when you make them ;)
    ·
  • Don't let them get you down. I have the pigtail and use it often. That being said I would buy one of yours in a heartbeat. If you decide to make and sell them I'll take one or two or....

--Dave
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Gotta have tough skin around this place much of the time. Personally I don't care for that type tool, but I applaud you for your effort and craftsmanship. If you like it, that's all that matters.
    I look forward to seeing more posts from you.
    ·
    you would'nt know what to do with it if you had
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Keep'em coming!

Then start selling them :)
    ·