Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Throwdown 4 -Reminder

Options
Throwdown Geek
Throwdown Geek Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those who may have not seen this on the weekend.

Here's the original post with some questions answered: http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=733853&catid=1

Throwdown%20IV%20Banner.jpg

Throwdown Heavy Industries LLC ® is pleased to present:
IronEgg Throwdown IV - Oh Crap...we need a side dish!

This throwdown is inspired by those times that I'm sure we've all had, where we are about to leave for a party and realize that everyone is supposed to bring a side dish. More often than not you're forced to make do with whatever is in the fridge/freezer/pantry in those cases, but luckily here you do have some chance to prepare. So let's see those sides.

Required Items. Feel free to use anything you might find that counts as 2 of these in 1 item, but don't expect to win heating a can of vegetable soup on the Egg and adding cheese!

* A starch - pasta, rice or potato based : instant mashed potatoes, french fries, tater tots, chips, pringles, spaghetti, linguine, rice cakes...you get the idea

* A Green Vegetable - You choose.

* A Cheese - Again, your choice. Note that the cheese in a spray can counts for a canned good!

* A canned good - ANYTHING that comes in a traditional tin (or any metal) can, home canned goods in glass Mason/Ball are valid as well - SPAM, Vienna Sausages, green beans (counts as 2 items if you want!), soup, dog food/cat food, canned salmon, mechanically separated meat product, whole chicken in a can...again you get the idea. I'd personally love to see this: http://gizmodo.com/351304/cheeseburger-in-a-can-reviewed

That's it! Add whatever else you'd like, cook them however you'd like. You must create one plated meal, using all ingredients, and all components must be cooked entirely on the Big Green Egg.

All Eggsessories and utensils are allowed…ie: platesetters, pizza stone, skillets, etc. Just remember everything that involves cooking (i.e. addition of heat) needs to happen on the Egg.

SUBMISSION deadline is SAT evening10/10/2009 at 10 PM EDT. This will ensure I have time to gather photos, contact contestants if there are issues with photos and be able to have tings ready for voting. You must include at least 3 photos. 10 The "raw" ingredients, 2) the ingredients being cooked on the Egg and finally 3) the plated "dish" however a bowl, mug or whatever else you want will work. Just make sure you get a pic of a single serving. Note: Please include brief descriptions of the pictures, and most importantly, a description of the final dish. (No need to submit recipes!)

Mail your entries to eggheadthrowdown@gmail.com and attach the required photos. Note that they will be re-sized to fit the size limits of the forum so it may be wise to shoot them and send them at that size to ensure they display as you want.

VOTING will be from whenever I get the post ready (hopefully early Sunday morning) until 8PM Sunday 10/11/2009.

A single post will be made on Sunday, showing pictures of the final plate submitted by all entrants. Each entry will be assigned only a number. The photos will be posted using an anonymous and unrelated Photobucket account.

There will be a vote by forum members on Sunday October 11, to be submitted to throwdownvote@gmail.com. In your email, please include ONLY the number of the submission you are voting for along with your forum name. 1 vote per member only, please. You are not voting in the Forum. Email your vote to throwdownvote@gmail.com

Post your questions here or email eggheadthrowdown@gmail.com

Now in the words of the famous chairman - Allez cuisine!

Comments

• jonboy
    jonboy Posts: 163
    Options
    * A canned good - ANYTHING that comes in a traditional tin (or any metal) can, home canned goods in glass Mason/Ball are valid as well - SPAM, Vienna Sausages, green beans (counts as 2 items if you want!), soup, dog food/cat food, canned salmon, mechanically separated meat product, whole chicken in a can...again you get the idea. I'd personally love to see this

I cant wait to see all the dog food cat food entrys.
    :S
    jon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    you know there is nothing in the rules that says you have to eat the dish, it could be prepared for your pet :laugh:
    steak028.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bitslammer
    Options
    Never met a dog that didn't like beer.
  • Throwdown Geek
    Options
    jonboy wrote:
    * A canned good - ANYTHING that comes in a traditional tin (or any metal) can, home canned goods in glass Mason/Ball are valid as well - SPAM, Vienna Sausages, green beans (counts as 2 items if you want!), soup, dog food/cat food, canned salmon, mechanically separated meat product, whole chicken in a can...again you get the idea. I'd personally love to see this

I cant wait to see all the dog food cat food entrys.
    :S
    jon

Just trying to be mindful of how this hard economy might be hitting folks out there. I'm sure many are making cutbacks at the grocery. :P
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Candle light and all......