Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NEW GRATE TOOL!THANKS 2FATEGGHEAD!

Options
j
j Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is my new cast iron grid tool thanks to thirdeyes website>halfhour later heres what we had!!Thanks to 2fategghead for the info

gratetool1.jpg

another veiw

gratetool2.jpg

last veiwgratetool5.jpg

even the minpins love bbq!billy2shoes.jpg
Billy2shoessnowbilly.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I knew it would not take you long. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    On your potato rig, do you have a close up shot of the inside and how the spike is attached and removed? TIA
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Richard, look at his post below. It shows what you want. Also check out his video on his profile. He is a master at what he does.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • j
    Options
    well ,once i see something,i sometimes must have it!

NOBODY EVER DROWNED IN SWEAT!!!USMC
    usmctattoo.jpg
  • j
    Options
    Yes,they just lift out from a rod coupling attached to the ring,the bend holds them from going down to far.
    egg3.jpg
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I knew that about you :)
    U got mail.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Richard Fl
    Options
  • Richard Fl
    Options
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Wow! :ohmy: You do so great work! I'm like you when I get something in my head I need to do it. You have some great pic's of some handy devices. Cute pouch :) Glad I could help.
    Tim
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    Kirbyw,
    That's a really neat rig!
    I see you've also got another similar rig, but it's standing up, in the one photo, what's that one for?

I also noticed that you've got stainless tabs at four points around the circumference of your egg on the table. Those are just to keep an equal gap all the way around?

Also, I see since those potatoe spikes are free to rotate in their tube holders, it would allow easy access to the middle portion of the grill for other cooking?

Do they the tater's really cook differently then on the grill? (except for the grill marks on the skin)
    Just curious.....
    RicklesssS