Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Five(5) New BGE's Hatched Today!

Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today, I received five(5) large BGE's from the hatchery in Atlanta, that I plan to award to various folks in my organization in 2004 and I feel like a proud rooster!
It was a tough decision to make to give them away, because I wanted to keep them all, however when I told everyone that I would be giving them away, based on performance, they started planning how to be awarded one.
Hammer

Comments

• Hammer, How do I qualify?

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Hammer,
    Yes um boss, I sure nuff will make that coffee hotter, shall I shine them shoes up for ya to, maybe bring ya some ribs for lunch.......LOL...you got some lucky people around you, what an awesome idea and a very generous gesture on your part.[p]Wess

• Hammer
    The Other Dave,
    I'm trying to figure a way that I can qualify! I can see another one sitting on my deck. The excitement of seeing the looks on other peoples faces, when I told them what I was doing was worth the investment!
    Hammer

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Hammer,
    You hiring?

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hammer,
    That is soooooo cool! IMHO the value in a monetary performance bonus is shortlived or becomes nothing but "pay" in most people's memories and tax returns. OTOH a material recognition reward for performance - and especially a BGE - will remind that receiptent for years to come! You deserve a "Good Job" reward yourself!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Hammer,[p]I just took an all day compensation course at my company today. We have 3 main forms - merit increase (ie - a raise) which is supposed to relate to sustained performance, annual incentive plan (aip - ie - a bonus) which is supposed to reward performance for a given year, and stock option grants, which are supposed to incent folks to stay for the long term. There was no mention of bges, though. you should work in hr...[p]later,
    cornfed

• Hammer
    Cornfed,
    I don't know if I could work in HR. Those folks are special people, and earn their money many times over. I might not alway's agree with them however most of the time they are correct.
    Giving BGE's as an incentive in some ways was self serving. I can now go to their home and practically be guaranteed of enjoying a good meal, and everytime they cook on the Egg, they will have a sense of inner satisfactin knowing that it was a gift that recognized their performance.
    Hammer

• Hammer
    RRP,
    I agrre with you completely, and I basically just said the same thing to Cornfed in another post, so excuse me if I was redundant.
    Now when they need a new gasket, they can contact you for a Rutland(Can I get a commission)
    Hammer

• Hammer
    Squeeze,
    How big are your feet? Do you mind having purple legs? The wine business has it's advantages, but it also has it's drawbacks and headaches.
    Hammer

• Hammer
    WessB,
    Thanks Wess, and I believe that they deserve the best that I can give to recognize their contributions!
    Hammer

• Hammer
    The Other Dave,
    Good question! I've given it a lot of thought, and I have a plan in mind, however I haven't worked out the details. However the plan will include integerity, and honesty coupled with dedication to wanting to be part of the best; all traits that the BGE teaches time after time.
    Hammer

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Hammer,
    Size 14 shoe...Purple is actually a really good color....Wine is good as well....

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Cornfed,
    I used to work for a company that provided all those things, the only problem was, the people who got the largest increases and bonuses were the very same people that ran the company into the ground. As for the stock options, well everybody got those too, we thought it was pretty funny when they were offering us at $40/share while it was trading for $8. Lucent closed today at 2.91, at least it won't be de-listed any time soon.[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Hammer,
    I hope you're company continues to do well because the rest of the employees are going to want one next year. A most unusual reward but one that will be enjoyed and remembered for years. I just hope the folks that get them appreciate them.[p]Now, where to I send that resume?

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hammer, commission? Sure!...of course a percentage of nothing is nothing so I don't think you should count on a Brinks' Truck any time soon!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hammer
    RRP,
    Knowledge is valuable and you have plenty! I'll take that kind of commission anytime.
    Thanks
    Hammer

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Citizen Q,[p]Yeah, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. My company is going through some layoffs now, too. The movie "Office Space" is actually pretty accurate. Gotta remember to put the cover sheets on those damn TPS reports...[p]Yeah, hi, mmmkay, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, mmmkay,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed,
    yeah, need more spirit pins, how are the customers supposed to know if you have spirit if you are not wearing enough spirit pins!?!?!

• Hammer,
    What a great idea...I hope my boss is reading this and getting similar ideas.