Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Here's what's cooking on my eggs (yes EGGS) now!

BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
edited 12:36PM in EggHead Forum
Two cooks going on today: Chuck Roast on the medium and 4 pork butts on the large.

DownloadedFile.jpg
image002-1.jpg
photo.jpg
·

Comments

• EmarfEmarf Posts: 167
    looks good
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Looking tasty ,I just put 3 racks of baby backs on and it is already smelling good.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Very nice
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I hope you went half way up the fire ring with your lump. Thats a lot of meat on that puppy. I'm gonna guess your in for long cook.
    ·
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    Mmmm that looks good. When you use a ceramic pot on the egg, I assume you keep a lid on it, as well as closing the lid of the egg?
    ·
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    Zyme,

Actually, I don't keep the lid on my dutch over---I want the meat and vegetables to have a little smokey taste to them. I put a chunk of hickory wood in at the beginning of the cook. You are absolutely right with regards to the egg lid--it stays shut.

Ed
    ·
    Rolling Egg,

I went all the way to the top of the fire ring--the charcoal was just below the plate setter. I agree, I think I'm in for a long cook but that's the fun of it. I have the Digi Q hooked up so I won't have to worry about the fire tonight.

Ed
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I cooked 35 pounds a few weeks ago and almost ran out of lump. I had it half way up the ring(cowboy). You should ne ok if you went to the top. I used a Digi Q as well. That helps alot. Sure does beat getting up every few hours. I usually get up at least once anyway. Good luck with it.
    ·
  • Smokin' TSmokin' T Posts: 259
    Your cooks look very good. I'm interested in the details on how you did the chuck roast, such as browning, temps, how long it was coooked, etc. Looks like legs up on the plate setter...is there a space between the plate setter and the bottom of the pan. Bye the way can you get the dish clean :laugh: Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    If you only had 500 post..hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    however, Great looking cook so far and

BTThumbsUp.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • DHallDHall Posts: 180
    got a recipie for that chuck roast?
    ·
    I wish I could take credit for the roast recipe---it is actually grandpa grub's recipe and it's a good one.

Here is the link to the recipe. Try it and you'll enjoy it!!

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=434098&catid=1#
    ·
    Smokin T,

I posted a link to the recipe for you. I have the plate setter in feet up and I'm using the green egg feet as a spacer between the plate setter and dutch oven. There really isn't much of a problem getting the pan clean afterwards.

Ed
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Great lookin' cooks!
    ·