Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TRex Burgers

Options
bigdtd
bigdtd Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did the Trex 650+ sear,removed seasoned patties to cool, waited 20 minutes to get the grill to 400, put patties back on for 2 minutes a side at 400. Let cool for 5+ minutes BGE seasoned and added boars head cheddar....perfection!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Glad it came out well for you, but the 20 minute rest doesn't really do anything for ground meat. The idea, in theory at least, behind the rest is to allow the steak to relax from the initial shock of the sear, making for a more tender final product. I don't see how that could really translate into ground meat, but hey, if it turned out great for you then maybe you're on to something......

Personally, I just do burgers at 450-500* for a couple minutes a side until they are done to my preference, roughly 145 internal. I like to use the flat side of the cast iron grid for a great sear/char on the exterior.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Fidel, you don't have a "Griddle-Q" ? :P
  • bigdtd
    bigdtd Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey I'm just trying a few methods of cooking burgers, they turned out just perfect medium rare but firm and crispy on the outside. I will keep trying new things, I love the food that comes from the egg. Thanks for your inputs because I want to know what the best methods are.
  • matt18e
    Options
    I did some wagyu beef burgers with the T-Rex method, seared 90 seconds each side at 650 degrees then pulled them to rest while temperature was reduced to 400 to finish.  They turned out excellent.