Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco ribs

Options
Sun Devil Brett
Sun Devil Brett Posts: 440
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning, I just found something out that many of you may know, and it may have been brought up before, I have been away from the forum for a while. Anytime I have bought ribs from costco I would go crazy trying to skin them. They looked as though they had been skinned but I didn't think there was any way they would do that and then cryovac them. I asked the butchers and they didn't know, so I just assumed that I was going crazy. This a.m. I was reading the costco connection (their monthly mag.) and sure enough they were talking about ribs and how they skin them before packaging. Just an FYI, for your Friday. Have a good weekend, GO DEVILS :evil:

Comments

• Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Assuming you are talking about pulling the membrane off? Interesting ... We often get our baby backs from costco and I could swear that I have had to pull the membrane off ... but maybe not ... maybe I'm going crazy??? Going to have to check out that edition of the mag.

JM
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Hey Brett, how you been dude? You have been gone awhile. Doesn't look good for the Tempe fest, I've emailed and called Scott but haven't gotten any response. Let me know if you hear anything. -RP
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Hey there Randy,hope you and the family have been well. I've been on the road alot for work, trying to make a living. I haven't heard anything from Scott, I've been checking the forum now and then for a post about a fest. but as you said it doesn't look good. If I do hear anything you'll be the first to know. Have a good day, Brett
  • Cactus Doug
    Options
    I Have been buying baby backs at costco recently and have bought ribs with the membrane removed in cryo bags and have also purchased ones with membrane still on. They were in different cryo packs. Who knows?
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I have DEFINITELY always removed membranes from Costco ribs here in San Diego.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • chrono
    chrono Posts: 177
    Options
    I've been buying spares from costco and the membranes have always been on. FYI they have been dropping in price. Just bought 2 packs at 1.59 lb. They are giving ribs away at this price.
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Yea, it's not the spares, I should have said that before. It's the loin or their "baby backs" page 33 of oct. 2009 costco connection. It doesn't say if they plan to do the same with spares. ;)
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    I just put some on and the membranes were already gone,nice!!!.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE