Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgate ribs/2-day

Options
KSUSHAQ
KSUSHAQ Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I have to say I am new to the egghead forum but I am learning quickly on my new egg thanks to the advice of many on this forum. Lurker, but now officially a poster. I tried preparing ribs for the first time a few weeks ago but made some rookie mistakes. Too much rub.....didn't cook indirect (firebricks weren't in yet), and therefore results were so-so but much room for improvement.

Getting ready to head up for a college football tailgate weekend at Arrowhead for my beloved K-state Wildcats. I wanted to prepare some ribs but didn't want to take apart and load up the egg. My question is does anyone have a method to where I can smoke the ribs and finish cooking on regular gas grill at the tailgate. My thought would be to indirect cook for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and then wrap in foil and cook for another 45min-1hours. Instead of the final cook that I would normally do, wait until the next day to warm those ribs up on a gas grill. Just looking for a good way to utilize the egg and its flavor but do it a day before eating.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I would cook and finish like normal. Go ahead and slice. Reheat on gassy with ribs in covered pan with apple juice in the pan.
    Depending on my interview, it will determine if we tailgate or not.
    What are the odds?
    c6111859.jpg

Maybe we can hook up, where are you coming from?

Mike
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    I am surprised Arrowhead will even make money on that game this weekend, KSU is a division II team this year.

Can't wait for my Jayhawks to go to Manhattan and embarass Billy Boy again.

Carwash mike knows his stuff, I would listen to him.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I have this thread book marked. When did KU embarass The Legend in Manhattan? You took who's goal posts down in their own stadium and took them to Aggieville?
    ku1.jpg

LOL

Mike
  • KSUSHAQ
    Options
    Thanks for the help.......when you reheat them on the gas grill do you completely submerge the ribs or do you just put enough in the pan to get some moisture cooked back into them? GO CATS!!!! By the way.....everybody in the north is 0-0 right now. Go luck to those imaginary birds.....haven't even won a big 12 north title much less a big 12 title. That is if they don't fight each other anymore. As for my location we are rolling the RV into the game so hopefully there earlier enough to be on the east side of the stadium in the few spots they have. If not they are going to ship us to the west side gravel lot with all the other RV's.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    No, just about 8oz of Apple Juice. U might want to place a firebrick under the pan if u have one. Where u coming from?

Mike
  • KSUSHAQ
    Options
    Heading up from El Dorado.....and yourself?
  • KSUSHAQ
    Options
    Heading up from El Dorado.....and yourself?