Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tailgate ribs/2-day

KSUSHAQKSUSHAQ Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I have to say I am new to the egghead forum but I am learning quickly on my new egg thanks to the advice of many on this forum. Lurker, but now officially a poster. I tried preparing ribs for the first time a few weeks ago but made some rookie mistakes. Too much rub.....didn't cook indirect (firebricks weren't in yet), and therefore results were so-so but much room for improvement.

Getting ready to head up for a college football tailgate weekend at Arrowhead for my beloved K-state Wildcats. I wanted to prepare some ribs but didn't want to take apart and load up the egg. My question is does anyone have a method to where I can smoke the ribs and finish cooking on regular gas grill at the tailgate. My thought would be to indirect cook for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and then wrap in foil and cook for another 45min-1hours. Instead of the final cook that I would normally do, wait until the next day to warm those ribs up on a gas grill. Just looking for a good way to utilize the egg and its flavor but do it a day before eating.

Comments