Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sorry

Options
Freida
Freida Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yes I am new to the forum but not to the EGG. I work at Outdoor Home and I am just trying to get some pics up on the forum to show the Smokin in the Ozarks eggfest that we just did. Yes I am having trouble with the size of the pics and not getting anywhere. So I do apologize that everyone thinks that I am wasting space.
Instead of making fun of me why not a little advise! I am using photobucket and the size is automatically set at 150 and I can not seem to change it.
Sincerely
Freida

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Hello Freida,

Good Response...

Was wondering what you were trying to do. There are several ways to get around the problem you are experiencing. If you want email me your phone number and I will be happy to help you. Talking will be much quicker and shorter than typing.

I need to look at one of your pictures to see what's what, back in a minute.

GG
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. :) When you download the pictures to photobucket, the is an option on the photobucket home screen, (click more options)before you start downloading to select a picture size. Change that to 640x480. That should help. Also, you are copying and then pasting the img code aren't you? Hope this helps, I'm all thumbs when it comes to the computer. You may also want to try posting pics on the OT forum to make sure it is working. And you can edit your post instead of making new threads. Good luck.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

You are uploading a picture size into photobucket that is 150px × 85px If you divide the px's by 72 that is how big your picture will be. 150px / 72 = 2.08 inches wide.

I have sized down but never sized up. I am not sure if the sizing will enlarge the picture and if it does what the quality will be.

Take your original picture and in your image software size the largest side to 600px. Let the other side of the picture fall where it will.

Now upload the 600 px size picture up into photobucket then back to the forum. Don't bother with the forum size feature.

GG
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Freida
    Happy to help.
    Copy the URL for the photo from photobucket (the Direct Link field), and paste it into the photo editor here on the forum. Then highlight the URL that you just pasted in, and click the green "Img" button.

Now your URL will have an "img size=150" in front of it, and a "/img" after it. Delete the 150 and type 499.

Before submitting your post, click the "preview" button to make sure everything shows up correctly.

You can show multiple photos in the same post. Just paste in the URLs one at a time, highlight them one at a time, click the "Img" button, and then change the image size to 499. Repeat for each photo.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Welcome Freida! I am at work and on the run!! and I AM sorry about your welcome :( that was a fest I really would have loved to come to but work was calling LOL I think plenty have explained below for posting and I will look at every post and every pic :) Julie
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Freida and welcome,
    You already have better advice then I can give you but like I mentioned, many of had to work at the picture posting, you are doing just fine and have nothing to be sorry for.

Keep posting, we love pictures and appreciate those that take the time to do so. :)

Regards,
    Bordello
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Frieda welcome to the forum
    , If you have posted your pics to a photo bucket that you don't want to keep private you could always just post the link to the photo bucket page if that would be easier.
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • llrickman,

there's nothing private about photobucket. You can easily get the link simply by looking at the properties of the pic. Freida's problem is that the pics were uploaded in that size.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Here is one of your pictures as you posted

2009-Eggfest-pictures-018.jpg

After posting & editing comments. The sizing works when I 'preview' and before posting. Thus there are ever increasing sizes of the picture.

However, when I 'submit' the post the pictures remain in the small size when viewing the post.

==========
    ==========
    This is the original post before the above comments.

Now this is a test just changing the size number. I didn't realize this could be done. Live and learn.

Size set to 200

Size set to 300

Size set to 400

Size set to 500

As you can see as the size number is increased the picture gets bigger but the picture becomes fuzzy. For whatever reason when the size was set to anything above 500 the picture was unable to be processed.

For me it is easier to format the picture to the size I want before uploading to photobucket then when posting it on the forum I ignore the size feature - I don't use the 'img' button provided when posting.

GG
  • Freida first of all welcome to the forum.
    From what I can tell the problem is that your pictures are "reduced" when uploading. You need to change your photobucket settings to set the size of pictures to 640 X 480.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    ive been having all sorts of problems with photobucket lately, dont know why. try posting just the img code in photobucket to the message section, and dont use those barcode url and img buttons on this forum. see what happens, it may work or you may have to reset something in photobucket. anyways dont use the barcode buttons on this forum
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

test2.jpg

One can see it worked in the preview mode but not when actually posted.

GG
  • Sooner Egg
    Options
    I had trouble posting pics at first too, seems you have been offered plenty of good advice perviously and thus I will just say thanks for sharing your pics....pics are always appreciated and no need to apologize for having trouble
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Freida's original photo size put in photobucket is the problem.

However, once the photobucket picture is the way one wants it to be then you are correct. Ignoring the forum barcode buttons is the way to go.

GG
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    then in photobucket click on "more options" under the upload images and videos link, set to large and it should work when uploading. and just copy and paste the img link to the message section on its own line. photobucket is really a pain lately, even for those that know how to use it.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Freida,,, If it makes you feel any better I once shrunk my whole PB album trying to create an avitar. It really seems complicated but 5 minutes on the phone with AZRP and bingo it became easy. Folks here that know lots more than me will have you posting pics in no time.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

I only use photobucket for the forum pictures. I have never even looked at the sizing or editing features in photobucket. So setting to large as explained above may very well work.

I have changed the display options to only show the 'img code' under the pictures in my album so that makes things a bit easier. Other than that I haven't noticed any difference in photobucket (good or bad).

GG
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Methinks 800 x 600 is mobetta
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Could Freida have the small listing coming out from her camera setting?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grandpas Grub
    Options

Very possible.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Most all screens display 72px. 800 px is 11 inches wide. 500 to 600px wide is a great size for the forum.

That size will also keep the file size for quick up and down loading.

GG
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Thank you SO much for tryin!!! :) At LEAST you ARE TRYIN!!! WAAAYYY!WAY better than the lurkers that chime in with NOTHIN useful to share!I am puter illeterate,but there is an ARMY here that will help all they can.WELCOME! :)