Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally -- Got a Camera

Broc
Broc Posts: 1,398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now to figure out how to post sequences of pictures... anyone have simplified instrucciones? Gotta remember, I'm technophobic!

:whistle:

Broc

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Do you speak Italian?
  • Hi Broc,

First you will need to open a free account at an image hosting site like Photobucket and upload your photos to your account. When you have that done there are some instructions here that may be of help. I do not always get the same results as in the first section of the instructions and do not always get the small yellow box. You will see what I mean when you look at them. When that is the case I have to right click the mouse courser on the IMG line of code and select "copy" from the drop down menu. I have yet to figure out why but that is the way it is.
    When you add a sequence of photos to a post/reply be sure to hit the enter key between each photo to drop the cursor down a line so that they do not all line up horizontally and make the post/reply impossibly wide. Also do not try to post photos that are to large, 640X480 pixels or smaller should work.
    I hope this helps, we all have to experiment with it the first time. Good luck,

Gator
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hi Broc, I just started posting pictures myself and I got my info from grandpas grub aka GG. You may be able to look in the archives for that info.

Photobucket is a good way to go. I have a 5.1 megapixel camara but, in the menu of my camara I can chose to take 1.8 megapixel photo's so that is what I do. Then I post them on photobucket and then on this forum.

One of the reasons I choose the lowest megapixel on my camara is because I have a dial up internet connection. So, it takes forever for me to do these things like putting the pictures on photobucket. When I chose a few pictures to go from my computer to photobucket I have to walk away from my computer it takes so long.

Like Gater said hit the enter key after you have written a line or two. That will leave a little space between the text and the photo and between the photo's. After you do it once it gets easer and faster.

This is my large in my table. I was using my CyberQ II for the first time! ;)

000_0830.jpg

Here is my new invention a potato thingie. When I have to grill full I can hang potato's out of the way and they cook great! :whistle:

000_0876.jpg
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Good to hear you got a camera. I still can't find 'that box' I am looking for.

Gator Bait's post is a great tutorial on posting pictures using photobucket (or most other picture hosting sites). I also put a post above to 1Fategghead regarding file size for uploading as he is using dial up for internet connection.

Kent
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Russian, da. Deutsch -- ein bischen. Espanol -- pocotito...

English...? My students still debate this...

:)

Thanks- All -- for the tips!

~ Broc