Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grill light

valrunevalrune Posts: 134
edited 12:43AM in EggHead Forum
What good battery operated flexible light that can be clamped to a table would you recommend?
·

Comments

• I picked up this light at the local Menard's. Works pretty well for the price so I really have no complaints at all. I have it clamped on the end of my table.

LED GRILL LIGHT
    ·
  • ·
  • I like my battery operated, LED grill light. It can be attached either by clamping or by the magnets in the "feet"

light.jpg

I secured fender washers to my table and attach it magnetically. very convenient and it works great!

I Googled "grill lights" and found this which is close but mine has a different head with more LEDs in it:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H0GSX6/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000FA932G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SGT759KQ91FKCD1YHKA
    ·
  • I bought mine at Lowes and it looks like the one in Flashback Bob's post.
    I copied his fender washer trick too.Great idea Bob!
    Jon
    ·
  • AronAron Posts: 170
    I know it's not exactly what you're asking about, but I find that a LED headlamp like what they sell at camping and other sporting good stores works very well for night grilling. Then again, I don't have a table.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,958
    I have one of those strap on head lamps and don't care for it at all. I would rather hold a flashlight under my arm. A while back, there was a thread about the Weber light that attaches to the dome handle. Haven't tried it myself, though I have seen them at several stores that carry the Weber line, Home Depot, for one. About $30 IIRC.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • SmokeSmoke Posts: 12
    I agree, the LED Headlamps work really well. I have A Petzl with 5 LED's and it works great. I also have a 4 LED light clamped to my grill like the pictures that Bob posted and I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $14.00 last week.

Brian
    ·
  • aemaem Posts: 115
    Carolina Q wrote:
    A while back, there was a thread about the Weber light that attaches to the dome handle. Haven't tried it myself, though I have seen them at several stores that carry the Weber line, Home Depot, for one. About $30 IIRC.
    That would be Weber 6503 for the Q. My local stores only had the version for the Genesis grills (which I have and love). Looking at the Weber site it appears the version for the Q may have been discontinued.

Amazon still has them http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6503-Q-Handle-Light/dp/B000WEPFT0
    ·