Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Butttttttt 5.16 Lb.

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Med. egg totaly cleaned out, fresh lump, Hickory buried + on top. Fired up, butt on bout 9:45 am. wanted 250, but has been hanging around 300 for 4 hrs. Daisy is about closed, bottom damper about 1/4 inch open. Internal temp of butt is 155. I believe i'am ok to get to 200 internal. Not chasing the temp. Just wondering. Any comments??? Smiles to all.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    let it go where it lands..

vaildalia 1 has been cooking butts at 350 recently and has been foling at 165 or so if i remember correctly.. maybe he will chime in

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chef Charles
    Options
    I did a 6lb butt on Sunday. I put it on at 8:30am and maintained a 250° temp throughout the cook and I pulled it at 4:30pm with an internal temp of 200° with lots of lump left. Even though you are at 300°, you should still be able to get the internal temp to 300°. I'm sure it will be yummy :)

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    Thanks Gang. Internal is now 185, I think I still pull at 200 wrap in HDAF and towel in cooler for awhile. Correct??? Smile again.
    Dang I'am worse than Julie about O-fest how bout y'all.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    That is correct...looking forward to the pics... :laugh:
  • belle's dad
    Options
    Doing a Butt now. I put it on yesterday evening at 6:30 PM. Grate temp. at 205 all night and now 2:30 PM. Internal temp was 187 a at 2:PM. Cooked low and slow. Going to also cook some Cordon Bleu for the non-pork eaters this evening. Of course without the ham in it. About 18 people. Should be fun.

Gordon
    Vero Beach, FL
  • milesofsmiles
    Options
    Zounds goooood. Love your choice of Cordon Blue. Enjoy. Smiles to you.