Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crown Roast of Pork

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, everyone. Anyone have any favorite recipes/techniques for crown roast of pork? Someone did what looked to be a wonderful version at one of the Eggtoberfests and I recall drooling at the pictures. Was this YB? Anyone?[p]Thanks for any information,
Cornfed

Comments

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Cornfed,
    I have cooked 1 or 2 every year for many years. At first, we cooked it in the over. But, over the past years, I smoke it on the grill.[p]We haved tried many types of stuffing; i.e., breads, rice, corn meal, etc. The family prefers, hot, spicy Italian sausage. It really give the pork a taste that none of the other stuffings did.[p]I set it on a piece of foil & smoke it to an internal temp of 180. It is the "meal of choice" for family gatherings.[p]You can't screw it up.[p]

• Cornfed
    Nessmuk,[p]Thanks! At what temp do you typically cook? Also, is 180* high for pork? Or is it that high due to the stuffing?[p]Thanks again,
    Cornfed

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Cornfed,
    I cook everything at about 250 or as near as I can control the temp.[p]160 may be ok. I always call my experts for the final temps.[p]It is the best meal we have.[p]Just got a call that they have American Bronze turkeys available to Christmas. We usually cook ham but I may smoke another American Heritage turkey.[p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Cornfed,
    Hey Dave it was me....I'm walking out the door now but will post something tonight.
    Larry

• YB
    Cornfed,
    Here is what I posted a while back.
    Larry

[ul][li]Crown Roast[/ul]
  • YB
    Cornfed,
    Here is a picture of one I cooked a couple of Thanksgivings ago.
    Larry

[ul][li]Turkey and Crown Roast[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    YB,[p]Beautiful. I'm working with my sister in law on Christmas dinner ideas. Pork crown roast is looking like it's going to be on the menu. She has raised the possibility of beef crown roast, too, though she priced one at a fancy schmancy upper east side butcher and it cost $220!!![p]I'm still planning on the brine injected/marinaded/rubbed/smoked turkey Old Dave coached me on. Turkey and pork crown roast would be nice together, and I see from your picture that it's been done before, so I feel validated![p]Later,
    Cornfed