Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help!

Options
bikingegger
bikingegger Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My new base (replaced under warranty) does not match my dome and will not line up. Has anyone elese had this issue? How did you resolve it?

I love my egg and want to cook again but for now I am stuck with using old gassey.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    Options
    No, I have no experience with that but, it tells me not to get rid of my old gassie. Or I have a better idiea i'll get another large and then my backup will be an egg! ;)
    Sorry. Tim
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Contact your dealer.

Spring "Self Aligned" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Smokin' T
    Options
    My base is cracked and it is going to be replaced under the warranty. I'm very concerned that I will have the same problem. I talked to the dealer regarding the same problem you are having. They said to contact them if I have problems. I advise you contact your dealer, good luck.

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    One thing I do when I need to reset the bands. I have another person help me. I open the top and while someone holds the top open I remove the two back springs. Now watch out the lid will drop like a rock, make sure your helper hangs on and holds it up. Now gently lower the lid. Loosen the band bolts on the top. realign the lid and tighten the bolts again. Prefer with new nuts and bolts. Once it is in as good as it gets alignment, have your helper lift the top again and hold it up. Put the springs back on. and lower, check alignment, this should fix the problem.
  • bikingegger
    Options
    I spoke to Bruce at headqaurters today, they are going to replace the dome as well so all should work out. I have a little while without my egg but the good thing to come out of all this is that now I know that Big green Egg stands behind their product with excellent customer service. I hope all works out well for you.
  • bikingegger
    Options
    thanks for the advice, I will definitly try this once I have all the peices and parts back.