Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egg Cleaning Tool

JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
edited 6:40AM in EggHead Forum
I was walking through the big orange store today and saw something that caught my eye, it's called a Bucket Head. It's a mini wet or dry shop vac that works great for cleaning out the ash from large eggs. The hose is small enough to fit between the fire box and the base to clean out the ash, I pushed to about a 3rd of the way around from left and right. I haven't tried it on the medium or my mini but, I'm reasonably sure it will get the ash out from underneath the fire grate on all of them.
It costs $19.97.
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,560
    what capacity does it have? We have a couple small Oreck vaccuums so I laid claim to the black one for my egg ash clean up. That lasted about 1 use and the hose clogged up and the bag was full and those bags aren't cheap so to heck with that idea.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Any chance of you posting a picture?? thanks :)
    ·
  • JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
    I'll send you a picture tommorrow off line.
    Jim
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Without a pic hard to say for sure, but sounds alot like FLP'mans southern engineered flex tube attachment to a shop vac.

Maybe he'll post his pic for comparison.
    ·
    Ron,
    It's 5 gallons. The base is a 5 gallon bucket. I'll send you pictures also.
    Jim
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Me too please :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    Hopefully these will come through.
    ·
    Daumm, No Pics. Standby.
    ·
    I'll try again.
    BucketVac-1.jpg
    BucketVac-2.jpg
    BucketVac.jpg
    BucketVac_00-1.jpg
    BucketVac_00.jpg
    ·
    Wait, There are more.
    BucketVac_01.jpg
    BucketVac_02.jpg
    BucketVac_03.jpg
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    A smaller diameter flex tube and duct tape will prob get you around the rest of the space.
    FLPoolman posted a pic of his rigged setup but I didn't save it :(
    Great idea though.
    ·