Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket

Options
valrune
valrune Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first "meat" cook on the egg was a brisket and it came out EGGCELLENT! Our son said it was as good if not better than City Barbeque (a local BBG chain), and you could actually see my head start to swell :laugh: . The brisket is on the left and it was 9.76 lbs. so I got a foodsaver (at a good price of $83.01 at Sams) to vac the leftovers................there were no leftovers :huh: . Let the pics begin:
[/img]100_1207.jpg[img size=150][/img]100_1213.jpg[img size=150][/img]100_1214.jpg[img size=150][/img]100_1216.jpg[img size=150][/img]100_1215.jpg[img size=150][/img]100_1217.jpg[img size=150][/img]100_1218-1.jpg[img size=150]It was a long night as being my first overnight cook so I had to check the temp every hour or so. All I can say is the EGG held its temp like a rock, a couple times I chased the temp buy a few degrees but in the end it was unneeded. I started with 10 lbs. of Wal-mart flavored Royal Oak and after a high temp burn the next day to remove a layer of fat stuck to the grill I ended up with about a third or more of what I started with on a 16 hour burn. This EGG ROCKS!! :woohoo:[/img]

Comments

• valrune
    Options
    Some how I screwed up the way the pics are displayed :( Sorry 'bout that :blush:
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    it looks like everything turned out well. choosing a brisket for your first cook is bold and i like it. I have plans to do a brisket myself this weekend.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Glad it worked out for you. Looks great!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • valrune
    Options
    Thanks, it WAS very good , I'm sure your attempt will be just as good if not better!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    You're one up on me as I haven't had the intestinal fortitude to try a brisket yet. Wife picked a flat the other day when she was in another town so its on the short list of upcoming cooks.

Yours looks yummie!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • valrune
    Options
    I just kept the temp at 250 dome for 16 hours to reach a 190 internal temp of the meat, wrapped in foil twice then wrapped with towels and put in cooler for 4-5 hours (still hot when removed). You will like the results!
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Very nice looking brisket,I did get dizzy looking at the pictures-but that is probablt the wine.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    Wow that looks great! I think brisket is one of the harder meats to cook. Great job!