Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help with Ribs

rrgatorrrgator Posts: 20
edited 8:27AM in EggHead Forum
Going to cook ribs for the first time. 2 St Louis racks. Question - direct or indirect? I looked at several of the recipes and they appear to use the direct method at low temperature. I was thinking of indirect at dome temp of 225. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
·

Comments

• I would go indirect, starting at 225 then gradually raise my temp after 3 hours to 250 then finish at 275.

Mike
    ·
  • BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
    I curious Mike, why do you gradually raise the temperature?
    ·
  • Just my opinion. Better smoke ring. Your keeping your temp lower keeps the ribs cooler for a longer period of time.
    The higher temp at the end gives a great bark and you can see the rest of the fat rendering out.
    These where cooked this last weekend.
    This was after approx 4 hours.

029.jpg

Mike
    ·