Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sourdough Bagels on the BGE

sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
edited 2:52AM in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I had some starter that needed to be refreshed and thought I'd put another batch of bagels on the BGE. They were sort of an everything bagel with some minced garlic, sesame seed, fresh herbs and poppy seed added to the dough. I boiled them about 7 minutes then washed them with an egg white wash and sprinkled on some more seeds, the plopped them on the egg with some more of that sage wood that I have. They turned out great, nice and chewy and wonderful outer crust. I did half a batch in the egg and half in the oven. Cooked them for 20 minutes on one side, turned, washed with egg and seeds again, then 10 minutes more. Great. You can really taste that sage smoke flavor on the egged bagels.[p]Now, a little cream cheese and jelly and I'm set for breakfasts for the week.[p]Troy
·

Comments

• RLARLA Posts: 89
    sprinter,
    OI VAY!! such a deal..... so where's the lox??
    Bob

·
  • Dr. ChickenDr. Chicken Posts: 620
    sprinter,
    U-R gona have to add a notch to your belt before EggFest 2000! And probably more after that!!! Yuk! Yuk![p]Dr. Chicken

·
  • sprintersprinter Posts: 1,188
    RLA,[p]Any lox I have would get smoked on the egg first to make it edible. Yech!!! Bagels are for cream cheese and some homemade jelly. Maybe its my midwestern take on things but I've never been a big lox and bagel person.[p]Troy
    ·