Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Watch out Dizzy Dust

Options
WilliamH
WilliamH Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I’ve had my BGE for six years, but honestly I’m only just now getting the hang of it. It’s a combination of being just plain slow and not diving in. I also agonized about how to make it easier to fire-up, but that is another story. Well tonight I did some ABT’s for the first time. Sadly, my girlfriend lives in a different state and thinks I’m BGE Mad anyway. So, I invited a buddy over to smoke two Chicken Cordon Bleu, some hot wings and the ABT’s. I put the Cordon Bleu on first and then wings and finally the ABT’s. Things were going great. Enjoyed a few beers. I pulled the ABT’s and set them down with the gripper. I grabbed some chicken and my buddy, we’ll call him Bonehead, used the gripper to get the ABT’s to bring inside. Right after we came in the door the ABT’s hit the floor. He was using the gripper up-side-down. The ABT’s were lying on the back porch floor. We both stared at them dying helplessly. The cream cheese was smeared on the old painted wood floor. We picked-up the pieces and put them on the grill.[p]I figure it’s a new type of rub. I call it the back porch rub and it has a texture and flavor that is tough to duplicate. Add a little extra cream cheese because you lose a little in the process. They were awesome.[p]Happy Holidays to all.

Comments