Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf + Egg= Happy Family

Ashman
Ashman Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a great meatloaf tonight!!! Yes I know it isn't very inventive, but it is a crowd pleaser.

2/3 beef, 1/3 pork, worchestershire, rock'n roasted garlic, onion powder, oregano, egg, panko bread crumbs and colby jack cheese

DSC_0002.jpg

indirect XL style ( fire in back 1/2, loaf on front)

DSC_0004.jpg

Little time over a hot flame with the secret sauce

DSC_0005.jpg

Up close and personal

DSC_0006.jpg

Ready, set, eat!!

DSC_0009.jpg

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Nothing wrong with a good meatloaf! Great sammys if any left overs. :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Looking good, sometimes it's a toss up between burgers or meatloaf.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Do you see how little there is on my plate!! :angry: (@%*# Diet) There better be left overs. :ermm:
  • Mighty fine looking meal. Meatloaf is one of my favorites.
  • Meatloaf has to be the number one comfort food! I can still taste my mother's meatloaf, and I'm pretty old. She grated a potato in it to give it lightness, and it really worked.

Looks like a tasty dinner there!

Judy
    San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    My eggsperience tells me that was great. :) We did an unofficial meat loaf throwdown awhile back. Nobody would comment during dinner. But after, it was pretty clear the egged loaf took the deal hands down.

What doesn't? :huh:
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Hey Gordon,

You definitely have your proirities straight, i.e., crowd pleasin' vs forum pleasin'. ;)

Good lookin' loaf. I have some chuck and sirloin and a butt in the freezer waiting on me to grind it up for ground beef and fresh sausage for a meat loaf. Hope it turns out as good lookin' as yours.
  • Great post.

We made our first meatloaf last week on the egg. I knew the egg would make a difference - but it was much better that I expected. My entire family was raving about how good it tasted. One one to "add to the list".