Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

VA Ribs a hit! Salmon FLOPPED:(

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I smoked 3 racks of Angus Beef ribs for 3 hrs and 15 min(marinated with JJ's rub..outstanding recipe!!!) using maple lump, a big chunk of cherry wood, and miltiple chunks of pecan(mopped after 2 hrs with STUBB'S BRAND MOPPING BASTE(if any of you ever try STUBB'S, or have tried it, please let me know what u think...i think it's awesome). In that same smoke I smoked 7 leg quarters with mucho real butter under the skin, reg salt, pepper, and garlic pwder)
As i gripped one of the racks of ribs with my tongs to take off juices quirted on my wrist..came out so so tender, and juicy...and what a smokey flavor...and the taste from JJs rub is simply indescribable!
The chicken was the same to me, but loved by the ones i smoked for.
As for the WHOLE salmon...well, i was in the midst of drinking a "few" with my brothers' cop buddies, and well-focused into their stories(and let me tell u those stories were such a reality the previous night as I went on a drive-a-long with my brother...that dude was in for over 2 hrs..skin was as charred as can get, and it's meat was as dry as Nevada. Oh well, my brother's cat(Kramer) loved it anyway.
Well, one long trip down, one more to go with ya'll! Can't wait!
ST

Comments

• Randman
    Randman Posts: 31
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, I often use Stubb's marinade for chicken and the Stubb's marinade for beef, although I have never used the mop baste. I really like the chicken marinade. Most of my vaccuum-marinated chicken is with Stubb's