Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Could not wait to fire up the Egg

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was on vacation last week with my brother in law and did not have any good food.Pi-s poor pizza and bland chicken plus lots of junk food.Picked up a flat iron on the way back and could not wait for the three hour drive to get home and cook that bad boy.It weighed in at 1 1/2 pounds.Some fresh picked corn and a box of bell peppers to freeze up tomorrow for some Southwest cooking in the winter months.
Rubbed with cowlick and a smear of mustard.
001-48.jpg
Seared at seven hundred for three minutes on the first side.
002-41.jpg
Then for two minutes on the flip.Let it rest for twenty minutes and put back on Egg till it hit 135 degrees internal.
005-23.jpg
Here are the peppers to attack tomorrow.
006-25.jpg

Sure is good to be back home and I will have to catch up on whats been going on for the past week.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Darnoc,

Nice steak! Just got a source for flatirons north of the border and have tried one so far. Great cut. What are you going to do with the bells?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rolling Egg
    Options
    I was in the same boat you were in last week my friend. I was in Panama City Beach, Fl for 5 days and had mediocre food at best. I believe I was in a better mood coming home than I was going :woohoo: I'm in the process right now of baking potatoes and getting ready to sear a 1.5 inch ribeye.Cant wait! Great looking cook you did there.
  • Darnoc
    Options
    I have just cut them up and removed the seeds and the pith and put them into a plastic with as much air as I could and they do freeze well.But the farmer that I bought these from suggested that you par freeze them.That is to say put them in a metal tray like a cookie sheet and let them freeze up to one hour then remove them from the tray and put into plastic bags.He used the term "Tray freezing."I have never did this step before but might give it a try.I asked hiom why the first freeze stage and all he told me is that they will just keep better that way.Guess I'll find out.
  • Darnoc
    Options
    Thanks to both of you.I am dmn glad to be home and doing my thing.
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    It is amazing how the food away from the egg only reminds you that you want to be home cooking on it.
    Nice looking cook and good luck on the peppers.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Darnoc,

I'm going to try burning a bunch while they are still cheap. Lot of skin picking though.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Great looking flatiron!
    I can hardly stand it to be gone a day and 1/2 on a trip let alone a full week. :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Looks very good