Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rain Cap Repair - Thought I would share

Rib FanRib Fan Posts: 305
edited 11:18AM in EggHead Forum
I was getting the small prepped for some wings and playing with my daughter at the same time. I went inside to grab something quick and I heard crying outside.
When I came back outside this is what I saw:

img_0603.jpg

img_0604.jpg

Now Megan knew she was not to touch and was feeling very bad. As a parent I knew she felt bad so dicipline was not necessary in this case. I hugged her and told her we might be able to fix it. Sobbing she said "Daddy it is broke forever" I know that it would be easy to get a replacement but in an attempt to show Megan that sometimes it is possible to fix mistakes I went to work with the JB Weld. Was a tricky sucker to put back together...but over a couple days....

img_0609.jpg

img_0610.jpg

img_0611.jpg

I surprised Megan with the results and she was thrilled.

Here she is just recently on first day of Junior Kindergarden.

Inherclass-1.jpg

Kids are wonderful.....

Wayne

Comments

• Great Pic of your daughter. You handeled that perfectly
  • AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    Nicely done. And more evidence the Egg brings families together. Not to mention you will have a great story 5 years down the road. :)
  • WillieWillie Posts: 132
    I put this one up there with the little girl that threw the baseball away. Keep those pictures for sure, she will love you for it.
    Willie.
  • Looks better than the original, it's been "personalized".

Phil
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Way to go Rib fan, you should not only be proud of her but of yourself too. Great job making her feel better after a simple accident.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Probably spent more on JB Weld than a replacement cap but what a good lesson and memories that will last a lifetime. Beautiful daughter.
  • You have one beautiful little girl there...

... and one UGLY rain cap! :laugh:
  • Can't buy eggcessories (or experiences) like that!
    Awesome story, well told.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,167
    I feel you pain Wayne :(
    my only consolation ... the JB Weld from Crappy Tire was free, thanks to Scanning Code of Practice :P

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

-Gary
    canuckland
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I almost want my daughter to break mine.