Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rain Cap Repair - Thought I would share

Rib FanRib Fan Posts: 305
edited 8:44PM in EggHead Forum
I was getting the small prepped for some wings and playing with my daughter at the same time. I went inside to grab something quick and I heard crying outside.
When I came back outside this is what I saw:

img_0603.jpg

img_0604.jpg

Now Megan knew she was not to touch and was feeling very bad. As a parent I knew she felt bad so dicipline was not necessary in this case. I hugged her and told her we might be able to fix it. Sobbing she said "Daddy it is broke forever" I know that it would be easy to get a replacement but in an attempt to show Megan that sometimes it is possible to fix mistakes I went to work with the JB Weld. Was a tricky sucker to put back together...but over a couple days....

img_0609.jpg

img_0610.jpg

img_0611.jpg

I surprised Megan with the results and she was thrilled.

Here she is just recently on first day of Junior Kindergarden.

Inherclass-1.jpg

Kids are wonderful.....

Wayne
·

Comments

• Great Pic of your daughter. You handeled that perfectly
    ·
  • AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    Nicely done. And more evidence the Egg brings families together. Not to mention you will have a great story 5 years down the road. :)
    ·
  • WillieWillie Posts: 132
    I put this one up there with the little girl that threw the baseball away. Keep those pictures for sure, she will love you for it.
    Willie.
    ·
  • Looks better than the original, it's been "personalized".

Phil
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Way to go Rib fan, you should not only be proud of her but of yourself too. Great job making her feel better after a simple accident.

Regards,
    Bordello
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Probably spent more on JB Weld than a replacement cap but what a good lesson and memories that will last a lifetime. Beautiful daughter.
    ·
  • You have one beautiful little girl there...

... and one UGLY rain cap! :laugh:
    ·
  • Can't buy eggcessories (or experiences) like that!
    Awesome story, well told.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,599
    I feel you pain Wayne :(
    my only consolation ... the JB Weld from Crappy Tire was free, thanks to Scanning Code of Practice :P

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5380.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

-Gary
    canuckland
    ·
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    I almost want my daughter to break mine.
    ·