Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bangers and mash

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,752
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
butcher had a new beef sausage he made with breakfast pork sausage seasonings. good stuff, went and bought some more for tonight. boiled the potatoes stove top, this aint no throwdown :laugh: gotta get some use out of that big water boiler anyways. potatoes with lots of cheddar, parm, sourcream, mayo,butter, and garlic chili sauce. maybe added to much butter, had to pour some off during the egg cook :laugh:
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    That really looks good. I could eat that. All day long!
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    Damn that looks tasty, something new to try
  • Texas Eggie
    Options
    My lipitor would have to work overtime. That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    i need to find some of that guinness 250 to go with it. good pub food
    fukahwee maine

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nice Lacanche!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I hope didn't ruin it with some Lite beer.

I'll have to hide the picture with all the butter from my wife, because for her, more butter = better.

BTW, I just started using cultured butter. Really nice tart taste that livens up a tater mash.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    yep, im the only lacanche owner worldwide with 1950's torn and stained wallpaper and 1960's worn out grease stained BLUE indoor/outdoor carpeting in the kitchen. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: it really dresses the place up though and the mice love hiding dog crunchies on the oven burners that never get turned on anymore:laugh: i do like it though, if i ever move its coming with me :)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    drank the lite beer while making it, then switched to a sam adams imperial stout for dinner. guinness would have been better though. ;) i got to look harder for that guinness 250 before its all gone
    fukahwee maine

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I bought a 6 pack of it last week. 10 bucks! I'm scared to open a bottle...The store manager said only 1100 cases of it were shipped to Dallas-Fort Worth area.And DFW is bigger than Rhode Island! But, then again, so is my gut :woohoo:
  • fishlessman
    Options
    there is a specialty beer place not far from me, im going to go check them out. i want me some guinness 250 :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Big George's BBQ
    Options
    That looks Great Love your stove
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Great photos and very cool old stove...
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    The Lacanche is Ultra cool Fish. OK, I admit I googled it.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    no bells and wistles, just big burners, i can pretty much fix everthing on it if it ever breaks. was going to do the kitchen over but ran out of steam fixing the rest of the house. put the stove in instead, someday ill have counters and cabinets, right now everything hangs on nails on the wall. :laugh: the kitchen is not too impressive to look at, but its good to cook in. i do really like the stove though the lacanche forum isnt too impressive, everyone there just wants to talk about colors, tile back splashes, cabinets etc, all that money and i dont even think they cook on the stoves :laugh: you would think a forum on french stoves would have some cooks going on.
    fukahwee maine

• Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Good point!
    The last time I had a great banger…
    I stumbled across an Irish Pub somewhere in one of the Chicago suburbs (I could come up with a name and the burb with a lot of thought…Maybe…) and it was one of those WOW experiences!
    It meal was accompanied with a pt. or two or three…maybe four of Guinness on tap.
    Good thing we were walking and using the CTA!
    BTW, that is a good looking cook…Hats off!