Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

where to find manual for discontinued FoodSaver?

mojo
mojo Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My dad just sent me his FoodSaver Vac 750 since he no longer uses it. He could not find the user manual and it appears that this is a discontinued model. I searched online but can't find a manual for this particular model. Does anyone know where I can find an electronic version of the manual? Thanks!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Was there a customer service #? How old is that model? Maybe someone has it here. Just brainstorming for you. I'll look and see if I can find a cust.serv. #.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I might be wrong - but I don't think so - Food Saver used to change model numbers as often as a fugitive on the lam! I bought their "new & improved model" 1050 a few years back just to see it abandoned in less than 4 months! Perhaps if you can post a picture or describe it we might be able to help you. Personally I think the model number changes was some body's idea of marketing!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I am not sure why you need one and I don;t want to sound like an a** but all you have to do is put the bag end in the channel and press it down. They don't have many settings or anything like that. Is it broken?
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Your statement is not totally correct. My 1050 was one of the first that had some ability to decide on it's own when the air had been sucked out and then it automatically tripped the seal mode. Some earlier ones required user intervention. Just the same they changed model numbers frequently - at least they used to.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Mike, mine is model Vac 820, it's probably very similar to your Vac 750. It came with a VHS video instructions (don't recall seeing a printed manual). If you want to post a photo of the buttons/controls on the unit, I can compare with mine and give you a quick summary of how it works.
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • mojo
    Well, just to explain a little more, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to new devices. I'm not the kind of guy who opens the box and starts using something new right away. Instead, I generally read the entire user manual right away. I've found that if I begin using things before reading about them, then I never go back and look at the manual, and in that case I don't learn about all of the features and capabilities of the device. That's why I asked about the manual before experimenting with my FoodSaver. I thought there might be an easy link that I didn't know about but it seems that's not the case.

cookn biker - Thanks for your willingness to help. I really looked but couldn't find a manual online.

RRP - I don't have a photo yet but I will look for it online and post a link later today - gotta run for now. Thanks!

Dr Zaius - Quite honestly I haven't even plugged it in yet (see reasoning above). I don't think it's as simple as you suggested - there are a few jars that came with it, and a small caliber hose that I assume is used to suck out the air. At any rate, if I don't find a manual I will definitely start experimenting with it. This is seeming a little silly about now :blush: .

Canugghead - I'll post a link to my unit a little later today. Thanks!
  • mojo
    OK, as promised here's a link to the unit that I have.

http://www.priority-store.com/fovac750.html
  • Canugghead
    mojo, sorry this is looooooooong....

as shown below, my model is extremely simple and rudimentary. After you cut a bag from a roll you use "Seal Only" to seal the bottom, then fill it and use "Vacuum and Seal" to suck out the air and seal the bag. The green light goes out when operation is complete. To activate the unit you press down on both corners. The top opening of the bag must be inside the Vacuum Channel, the contents must be at least one inch away from the heated sealing strip. If there's liquid in the bag or the inside surface of the bag is wet you use "Vacuum and Extended Seal". Keep the inside of bag as clean and dry as possible before sealing. To prevent liquid getting sucked into the vacuum channel, you can partially freeze the contents in the bag before sealing. You can also fold up a paper towel and place it near the top to trap the liquid. The "Seal Only" can also be used to double seal adjacent to the first seal.

The clear hose connects the unit's vacuum port to the lid of a canister, mason jar sealer, wine bottle cap or marinator. My model doesn't have Vacuum only so I have to settle for Vacuum and Seal although there's nothing to seal :(

To prevent leakage ensure the bag is not creased at the sealing area.

You can also freeze liquid, e.g. gravy or marinade, in ice cube tray first, then vacuum seal the cubes.

IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg
    canuckland
  • mojo
    Don't apologise, that was an awesome post. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that. Even though mine is different I'm sure the principles all apply. I'm doing a big'ol butt next week and I'm sure to have leftovers, so I'll have an opportunity to try it out. Thanks again!!
  • Canugghead
    Mike, Just 'one' butt? I'd do at least two, it takes the same amount of time (provided they're not stuck together), effort and lump as one.

Oh, one more thing to remember, if you're vacuum sealing ribs or any food with sharp edges, cover the sharp edges with folded paper towel to prevent piercing the bag.

-Gary
    canuckland