Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forgive me WPB, and Ban Me if you will, but

Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think that there may be items of interest to the general Forum population that might not be viewed if they are strictly relegated to the OT Forum.

I certainly don't do this out of disrespect, so please don't get me wrong. I absolutely think that there are certain things like ex-wives, medical diagnosis, etc, that don't belong here. However, I wonder how many relevant OT's might be interesting to people if they were available for them to see. Again, I understand completely your attempts to make everyone happy, so I hope I'm not upsetting the apple cart.

Like today....I was looking for a camera monopod to take on my New Mexico camping trip, so that I could take pics predominantly to show to fellow Eggers. At any rate, I came upon a post from a lady who made her own camera monopod from a walking stick. I thought that was a great idea, so I tweeked it a bit, and it came out great. It was something I thought other Eggers might find interesting.

However, I had never posted to the OT Forum, and a quick glance told me the traffic was a tad light....maybe 4 - 10 posts in a week. Again, don't get me wrong,....this is not an earth shattering concept, but I thought it might be interesting to some. Most Eggers would likely never have gotten it on the OT Forum, so I'm posting it here.

Like I said ....slap my hands if necessary, but here is an OT.......I apologize in advance.

The OT

It started with an old Sotol walking stick purchased in Big Bend about a dozen years ago that was just rotting in the garage. I saw the lady's post, and was intrigued. I went to Home Depot and bought a swivel shower head which I modified with some cutting, epoxy, and a 1/4 inch bolt. It fit the camera base perfectly, and allows for 360 degree rotation. An $8 investment....all but 25 cents was for the shower head. The lady had just mounted a bolt rigid in the handle, but I thought the swivel gave a bit more flexibility.

Now, I can use my walking stick, and when necessary, attach the camera to steady my senior citizen shakiness when trying to capture a picture.

I'm sure that some folks will, and some folks won't find this interesting. Life is like a bag of lump charcoal....you never know what your going to get.

LawnRanger

monopod019.jpg

monopod024.jpg

monopod007.jpg

monopod011.jpg

Comments