Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First unenjoyable cook!

70chevelle
70chevelle Posts: 280
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had the family(s) over yesterday to celebrate my oldest daughters birthday. We decided to keep it simple and have burgers, dogs & brats plus a million side dishes. I fired up the egg early so I could roast some of the hot peppers from my garden and then some fresh eggplant circles, which worked out great. Then I fired up the gasser to roast some potatoes, one batch with evoo, garlic & rosemary, the other with garlic, butter & frank's hot sauce. Once the potatoes were almost done, I started cooking the burgers. We all like them med rare to med. The egg was fired up nicely, but my God, the backs of my fingers all got burnt. Lifting and closing the lid (no flashback), using the flipper on the burgers (bbq tool, not normal kitchen flipper), it was torture! Probably too many burgers at once, since they pretty much covered the grate, but it was a painful cook.

Comments