Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Marinating Brisket?

ATXATX Posts: 98
edited 2:02AM in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone. I was thinking of doing a brisket this coming weekend and thought of marinating it in some Shiner Bach beer for a day or two before I rub it and throw it on the egg. Does anyone have any experience in marinating brisket? Suggestions on time? Is it even worth the hassle?
Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,337
    Howdy ATX. I really don't think marinating in beer is going to buy you much flavor wise. Injecting a reduced beef broth will actually get some flavor (and salt) into the meat.

But still, a good dose of rub is really all you need. Brisket has a lot of flavor on its own.

Happy brisketeering.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • ATX,

I've tried marinating brisket a couple of times, and while you can definitely taste it, it doesn't make a huge difference. I've decided to forgo the additional time and expense of marinading, and don't bother anymore.

-John
    ·
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    Cool, thanks for the input. Think I'll keep things simple skip the marinade & load up on the rub.
    ·
    Thanks for the input. Gonna KISS and skip the marinade.
    ·
    OK, so one more question. If I get the brisket tonight would it be ok in the fridge until Friday when I plan on putting it on the egg? (I'll probably rub it on Thursday and let the rub soak in overnight)
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,303
    drink the shiners while injecting the brisket. brisket is just to dense, injecting is a much better way. watch out for the injectors with holes up the needle, it's easy to spray the kitchen walls.

anybody tell ya, you look like a young clint eastwood......LOL

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Yes.
    ·