Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts for others.....

Options
slo-ryd
slo-ryd Posts: 27
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekends cook was all about payback :)

One for my tool guys family as thanks for getting our VIP NHRA tickets for Indy this year and the other for my guys at work and my 92 yr old Grandmother(who will probably enjoy it the most) Grandma rocks! B)

I used Cowboy lump for the first time, it seems to burn a little hotter than Royal Oak.

Start.JPG
We had some strong storms move through so a ziploc bag and the raincap keep the transmitter dry and in one place.

During.JPG

All finished!
finish.JPG
LBGE w/modified Whiz table, Webers and such.

Comments

• Marc  from IL
    Options
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    Looks like a great cook! I would suggest that you put a drip pan under those butts to help your plate setter stay relative clean. Trust me I learned the hard way :)

Wayne
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Nice cook,BEAUTIFUL table! :)
  • slo-ryd
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    Nice cook,BEAUTIFUL table! :)

Thanks Hoss!

Wayne, I've used a drip pan before but I never seem to have a problem either scrapping or burning the drippings off the platesetter if I don't.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Lookning good there Slo-ryd!! You're good to your g ma!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • slo-ryd
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Lookning good there Slo-ryd!! You're good to your g ma!!

Thanks Molly, she's the only grandparent I have left. What's cool is she still loves spicy food...must be where I get it ;)

Sean
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I remember your last post with her in it. I have not had gparents since I was a 6years old. So lover her well!!! I hope I can do spice at that age too Sean.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE