Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First NiEGGara Fest thoughts and thanks

Grand Oeuf Vert
Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well...we did it! I had some nervous moments in the days leading up to it, but I think we pulled it off OK.
The weather and the Winery gave us everything we hoped it would be. The lay out on the land seemed we had lots of room. This being billed as "the first Canadian Eggfest" meant it was a new thing to a lot of Cunucks. Not only for those in attendance but for us guys running it.
I take a lot of pride that comments from those who have attended many Eggfests in the US, ranking ours "right near the top." Dollars and cents aside, my goal was to spread to word about this wonderful cooking tool we all love to brag about and bring us all together in one place for a bit of a party.
I can't say enough about the Corporate support my little fest idea received. Lakeshore Living, Harbour Estates, Tasty Licks and the endorsement support from BGE Canada.
You can't can't have an Eggfest without Cooks. For all those who volunteered their services and food contributions, I can't thank you enough.
The list of personal thanks would go on and on. (Too long to post, you know who you are), but there is one guy it'd like to mention...OTTAWA EGG.
Without you and your Website work, this thing wouldn't have come together. I know you wished you could have made it. We wished you could have too!
Nick at Lakeshore Living has a special package coming your way very soon Buddy.
Many folks were local. Many travelled great distances at great expense. Let me say this...
To all those who attended, I hope you had a great time!
I've got over 700 pictures. I'll need to take sometime to edit these and we'll find a way to album them and make them available for viewing.
Moving forward, everybody was talking about the 2nd Annual already. In the coming weeks, we'll sit down and review what we accomplished yesterday. We'll look and things we might want to do differently and go from there.
My signature says it all. When times get tough and you feel a bit blue. Or just stressed out a little.
'Maybe Partying will Help' having a BGE beside you only makes your party better!

Comments

• It sounded like an amazing time Tim. Thanks for the call yesterday! It made my day to know that you took the time away from your event to call the Southern EGGheads to say hello. Congrats to us both on our first time. It will be that much easier the next time!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Dang dropped connection :sick: :( I had this paragraph all typed out and it didn't get posted, so I'll give it a 2nd shot!

Glad to see the 1st Canadian Eggfest appears to have been a grand and glorious success! Hopefully many locals that attended got to experience food when it is prepared on the "World's Best Smoker & Grill!" Hopefully when you get rested from this weekend you will get a warm feeling from all the hard work you and your "team" put forth to make this event a success.
    Your enthusiasm wanted me to take off work and make the drive from Kansas, but that just wasn't feasible at this time.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Loco,
    We have direct flights for you. KCI to Toronto. Leaves about 6:30 pm daily. Next year,I'll come and pick you up! :woohoo:
  • :laugh: looks like a top notch job by the web page description of your first Eggfest production...congrats B)
  • Buddy,

You and Virginia did an amazing job! Ya made us all proud dude!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. As I said when I saw Weekend Warrior's post of photos, I was a little too busy indulging in good eats and drinks to get many pics, but I knew there would be lots posted.
    Can't speak from experience as to what other Eggfests were like since this was my first one, but I can't imagine them being any better organized and well run than this one was. Thanks again for the good time.
  • Smokin Lady,

I've been to a few and this was top notch.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Your venue looks spectacular.
    Maybe someday Eggtoberfest will be moved to a facility with that much room and beauty.
    Oh, and a live band would be great! :P
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    :lol::lol: :ermm:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Tim,

I just got back and what can I say more!!! CONGRATS Virginia and yourself really did something incredible. It was great! Thank you and we will see you next year for sure. Count me in!
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Maximum overdrive!

It was great to meet you and your wife.

It was fantastic that you jumped right in working like a pro all day long!

Michael
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Thanks Michael,
    the payoff was well worth it!!!
    We had a great time, and it was a real pleasure to meet you and your family - I'll make sure not bring up the pony around your kids again ;)
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    My bank manager thanks you - (about the pony)

You're such a great dad!

Michael